|Date Posted:||Monday, April 10th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Marina del Rey, CA|
|Required Skills:||Sr. Software Engineer (Java/C)|
Our client located in Marina Del Rey, CA has a job opportunity for a motivated Software Engineer with experience in C and Java to join their development team. The selected engineer(s) will perform all phases of software engineering including requirement analysis, design, development, code / unit test and system integration, test and field installation.
Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Perform software development. • Work with and extend existing components to implement client requirements. • Participate in requirement analysis and design / code reviews. • Assist with software testing and documentation. • Handle documentation for procedures, training and enhancements. •
The ongoing goals for this position are as follows:
• Design new elements or changes in scope of project software. • Maintain and enhance existing software baseline. • Participate in code reviews and knowledge transfer. • Interact with end customer on technical issues. • Meet schedule deadlines and remain within budget. • Follow and enforce engineering guidelines set in software development methodology. • Contribute to team coding standards and monitor the code base for compliance. • Ability to interact with customers and correctly interpret their needs and requirements. • Establishes and maintains effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders. • Diligent Work ethic.
Qualifications Required Experience:
• Three to seven (3 to 7) years of experience working in software development, testing and control systems.
• Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with the following languages: C, C++, Java. • Knowledge and hands on experience with MS SQL, Oracle database and VMware. • Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall SDLC. • Experience with Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Test, Implementation and integration. • Experience with documentation. • Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. • Able to work independently or within a team. Desired Skills: • Experience with SCADA Control Systems. • Software Systems Integration. • Enjoy problem solving and committed to delivering high-quality software. • Interface with external data sources. • A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. • Experience with Enterprise Authentication. • Experience with multi-threaded programming and practices. • Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve. • Cloud Based programming experience
Education and Certification Required: • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering or other technical field. • Master’s degree is preferred.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming