|Date Posted:||Thursday, April 27th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Manchester, UK|
|Pay Rate:||£30k - 38k per year|
|Required Skills:||IT Security Analyst|
IT Security Analyst Manchester £30-35,000
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager leading the delivery of the IT Security agenda across a large multi-site retail enterprise, working within a team of skilled infrastructure engineers, this role is newly formed and designed to be the SME / subject matter expert within the team.
Ambassador for sensible security measures, there will be many quick wins and long term strategic involvement.
A great opportunity for an IT engineer with interest and specific experience within security, or a security specialist wanting to broaden skill set and play lead role in raising security awareness within the IT team and the user population of c 4000 staff across UK
A big job but well supported, with a fabulous team and very strong manager / mentor.
The IT Security Analyst’s focus is on monitoring/managing the company’s implemented IT security solutions across all approved technologies and assisting in projects where IT security solutions are designed and delivered.
Scope of Role:
• The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for completing the foregoing work and tasks, and act as a co-ordinator and SME for all IT Security matters.
• Manage and monitor IT Security framework to maintain compliance across the group.
• Monitor, report on and respond to common IT Security
• Review and validate all management information generated from company security products
• Promote awareness and adherence to the Information Security policy, processes and standards.
Skills / Competencies Required:
o Windows network security administration experience.
o Proven experience with establishing a monitoring and reporting programme
o Experience in undertaking risk assessments.
o Working knowledge and thorough understanding with secure configuration and monitoring of Check-point, Cisco ASA or Cisco network appliances.
o Know-how and administrator-level knowledge in operating security management tools, including report generation and interpretation.
o Experience with threat analysis and risk management.
o CISSP or CISM qualified – advantageous but not essential
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Delivery of IT Security projects supporting the business plan and strategy.
• Perform validation checks on IT risk and compliance review documents.
• Management and reporting on IT Security risk review documentation.
• Production of regular service reporting suite and execution of resulting actions.
• Business support in IT Security.
• Communicate gaps in IT Security which affect regulatory and legislative compliance.
• Ensure all work performed complies with company standards and policies.
• Attend regular subject matter related conferences (IPExpo, Info Sec conference).
• Work proactively with the IT Operations team to ensure compliance.
Skills and Competencies:
• Information/IT security
• Threat analysis
• Vulnerability management
• Demonstrable expertise in Excel and similar data manipulation/reporting tools.
• Excellent communication and networking skills.
• Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to manage own workload and prioritise workload effectively.
• Knowledge and experience of the ISO27001 standard.
• Computer-related degree or equivalent.
Relevant technologies (including, not limited to):
• Firewall Logs
• Scansafe Logs ( Web content)
• Mobile Iron Logs (MDM)
• Sophos (Desktop)
• Symantec (Servers)
• Hexis APT
• Mimecast operational logs
• Wintel Security Event Logs
• IDS/IPS Logs (To be acquired)
• Cisco Various
• AD Reporting Logs
Personal qualities suited to this role and business:
• Tenacity and ability to respond to significant challenge.
• Proactive structured and logical thinker to enable decision making.
• Honest and frank about issues as well as successes.
• Desire to succeed.
• Resilient in the face of change and challenge.
The opportunity is open ended for someone with initiative, ideas and enthusiasm for change and continuous improvement.
You will not be hand-held, this is a role for a self starter, not afraid of taking measured risks within the confines of a role designed to minimise risk!
About Uniting Ambition:
We’re Uniting Ambition, a specialist company that provides recruitment and talent management services to businesses at varying stages of growth, from start-up and medium sized enterprises through to global brands.
We’re exceptionally proud of what we’ve achieved, having been recognised as one of the UK’s fastest growing businesses by the Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track Top 100 for two consecutive years. We firmly believe that our business growth is down to our people, and that yours should be too.
Finding people who want a job is easy, the hard part is finding those who are the right fit for the role and the company. That’s why we use a clever combination of digital marketing, market intelligence and recruitment expertise to make sure we attract the best in the market.
We’ve been successfully placing talented people in permanent, contract and temporary positions across the UK since 2006. Our unique approach allows us to put the needs of our customers and candidates first, ensuring we provide an outstanding recruitment experience every time.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming