|Date Posted:||Friday, April 28th, 2017|
|Job Location:||San Jose, CA|
|Required Skills:||Platform - OS Team, Kernel, internals, Linux operating system, low level, device drivers|
Advanced Software Engineer - Platform / Linux Kernel - Low Level
Nimble Storage is the fastest-growing storage array start-up in history. We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Platform-OS team and take a lead role in the development of our Linux-based Kernel.
Investigate, design, and develop enhancements for our Linux-based kernel, Nimble Operating System (OS) .
Design and development of software, typically as libraries, that interfaces Nimble’s data path with the kernel and with hardware devices for reliable I/O of data to/from the network, NVRAM, and storage devices
Help to develop an effective Nimble OS packaging scheme.
Drive and deliver requirements for our Release Engineering team, in building the package, distro and USB image.
Design and develop thorough and effective unit and fault injection testing cases for Nimble OS.
Experience with Operating System development and debugging, preferably with Linux/Unix operating systems.
Experience with firmware (BIOS, BMC, Expander FW, NVRAM, HBA) is highly desired.
Hands-on experience on RPM packaging is highly desired.
Working knowledge of distro and 3rd party code management.
Experience with Operating System upgrade design, development, and testing.
Familiarity with multi-threaded and distributed software and with network protocols
Excellent communication skills, as well as strong analytical and diagnostic skills
Proficiency and significant experience in C/C++ and shell scripting
Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
Ability to work with minimal direction in an open & fast-pace environment and take on a variety of roles as needed.
7+ years of relevant work experience including some lead technical roles.
Bachelor, MS, or PhD. in Computer Science or closely related field.
Who We Are:
Nimble has developed breakthrough architecture that combines flash memory with high-capacity disk to converge storage, backup, and disaster recovery for the first time. Nimble Storage solutions are built on the idea that enterprises should not have to compromise between performance, capacity, ease of management, and price.
Nimble’s patented Cache Accelerated Sequential Layout architecture, designed from the ground up to effectively combine flash with high-capacity drives, makes high performance affordable, simplifies and enhances disaster recovery and backup, and delivers pain-free operations. Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage solutions are available through a global network of world-class channel partners.
Using its unique CASL architecture, Nimble Storage platforms support the performance needs of the most demanding primary applications while at the same time reduce backup windows / restore times from hours to seconds—all for at least 60 percent lower cost than existing solutions. Nimble Storage sells its appliances worldwide through a network of resellers and channel partners. More information about the company can be found at www.nimblestorage.com
Since its launch in July 2010, Nimble has garnered an impressive list of awards, including:
• CRN Storage Product of the Year
• CRN Test Labs "Highly Recommended" rating, calling Nimble "the Holy Grail of high- performance storage"
• Wall Street Journal “Next Big Thing” award
• Storage Newsletter #1 Most Promising Startup
• InfoWorld / Network World "25 New IT Companies to Watch"
• InfoWorld / Network World "25 Hot Products"
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, Sex, Disability, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
* Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For more than 25 years, Randstad Technologies has been connecting companies around the world to customized technology solutions that meet and surpass objectives. We combine our deep industry expertise with our broad range of full-service capabilities – recruitment, consulting, projects, outsourcing – to deliver the right fit to our clients and candidates. From recruitment to technology solutions aimed at protecting and maximizing the value of technology investments, we power our clients' success – and drive our candidates' growth.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming