|Date Posted:||Friday, April 28th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Toronto, ON|
|Required Skills:||Java, Scala, Python, devops, Puppet, architect|
Kijiji, part of the fast-growing eBay Classifieds Group at eBay, is the number 1 online Classifieds (Goods, Autos, Housing, and Jobs) site in Canada, with more than 3X the traffic of the next largest competitor. With over 10 million monthly unique visitors, we are one of Canada’s Top 10 web brands and our goods marketplace enables more transaction value than Canada’s largest e-commerce retailers. We have succeeded because we think and behave like an aggressive start-up, and we hire the best and brightest people. Our team members continually exceed expectations, demonstrate a great deal of passion, initiative, creativity, and problem solving skills; all while working in a fun, open and honest environment.
eBay Inc. (eBay, PayPal, Kijiji, StubHub) is located in a new and stylish office in the historic King and Spadina neighborhood in the heart of Toronto.The Verticals team focuses on the Kijiji Autos, Real Estate and Jobs categories and is responsible for providing business customers with an excellent return on their marketing investment. We help customers sell more cars, rent or sell more dwellings or help businesses find qualified employment candidates.
We are currently seeking to hire a Software Engineer. In this position, you will be involved with the leading architectural changes from inception to implementation, be a major voice in technical decision processes around designs, languages and frameworks, and be a role model in writing, documenting, and testing code by delivering literally out-standing quality work. Be able to work with business stakeholders on all levels to give input and feedback on new and proposed initiatives.
Expert knowledge of functional and object oriented programming languages (Java, Scala, Python, Clojure preferred,. NOTE: We expect expertise in at least three different programming languages).
Expert knowledge of tools used in a devops environment (we use Puppet, Python).
A deep understanding of working agile in a web environment, test-driven development, code refactoring.
10-15 years of experience in software development with a focus on web/internet.
Demonstrable experience in architecting large, distributed, scalable systems preferably at the same order of magnitude as Kijiji.CA.
Master degree in computer science or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming