|Date Posted:||Wednesday, May 10th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Rochester, NY|
|Job Duration:||10 - 12 months|
|Required Skills:||Telecommunications engineer circuit design DLR circuits trunks audit update LEC Carrier service requests equipment network components M6 Metasolv DPI microsoft telecom|
Our direct Telecommunications client is looking for an Engineer - Position - Rochester, NY 14614
The primary responsibilities of this position is to provide support by performing circuit design and assisting with potential records cleanup.
Create new DLR’s (design layout requests) that are in their queue in the system.
Audit and update existing circuit records for all circuits and trunk orders.
Coordinate the facility assignments with the corresponding LEC or Carrier.
Work together with the ICSC and the INA groups to expedite orders and work on ways to streamline the processing of the ASR (Access Service Requests) and ISR’s (Internal Service Requests).
Coordinate with Engineering (Transmission, Outside Plant, Central Office) if needed to notify them of potential challenges with equipment or lack thereof for the customer orders.
Identify where equipment is required, and order the equipment for field delivery.
Prepare and issue purchase orders in Infinium to request and purchase required network components.
Create information on the CLR/DLR to properly dispatch the circuit to Viryanet and to the proper techs in the field.
Have 2 - 4 years of related experience
(e.g., strong organizational skills, proficiency on specific software)
Requirements include: knowledge of network architecture relating to circuit and network design.
Have an understanding of provisioning and Bell core practices.
Knowledge of M6/AAIS and or DPI (Access Services and Provisioning software) or experience in a similar system a plus and the Microsoft suite of products.
Excellent organizational, communication (verbal and written) and customer relation skills are required.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming