|Date Posted:||Monday, May 15th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Huntsville, AL|
|Required Skills:||Algorithm, Algorithms, Analysis, Data Analysis, Defense Systems, Development, Fortran, HTTP, Management, Matlab, Modeling, Programming, Project, RF, Security, Simulation|
Northrop Grumman Information Systems (NGIS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Information Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination. The Algorithms Engineer position will be located in Huntsville, AL. Candidate being sought to develop, prototype, analyze, and implement tracking and target discrimination algorithms into an existing BMDS Battle Management System prototype. Candidate will implement and integrate algorithms into Matlab environment to perform comparative analysis of algorithm performance. Duties include sensor modeling , generation of detail technical products (briefings, reports, white papers) and acting as a technical interface to MDA staff. Successful candidate will be a member of a focused team, interface with peer-level team members and NTB management to ensure high quality products are generated on time and within the resources available. This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman. Years of experience will be determined based on position; anticipate requirements of 2 -10 years.
* Bachelors Degree in Science or Engineering (Masters preferred) with a minimum of 2 years of increasingly responsible roles to support development and integration of tactical algorithms in large scale command & control or battle management systems.
* Experience with missile defense battle management and command & control systems.
* Experience with bmdBenchmark tool; with C2BMC algorithms.
* Understanding of C, C++, and/or Fortran programming languages.
* Demonstrated proficiency with software development and data analysis in Matlab required. Candidate must be able to integrate Matlab software into a mature BMDS Battle Management System prototype to extend its capability to evaluate BMDS system performance. Required focus areas include RF/IR data association, Kalman track filtering, battle management engagement dynamics, sensor netting, sensor management, target discrimination, and/or track fusion.
* Minimum of 2 years of software/systems engineering experience including developing new and integrating existing radar signal processing and tracking systems.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. Able to implement engineering plans within a project. Strong performer. Strong follower & initiator with excellent discernment to know when to apply each.
* Master's degree in Science or Engineering
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Alabama-Huntsville
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, both in the products we deliver and in the way we conduct ourselves throughout the entire customer experience. Because, after all, we are in the business of securing a great deal more than just our place in the market. Our mission is to be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superior capability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies. The security solutions we provide help secure freedoms for our nation as well as those of our allies. Squarely meeting our obligations, fiscally and technologically, isn't just a business goal, but a moral imperative. To that end, as we evolve as a company, the responsibility we feel for our country and the citizens and troops we help support grows with us.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming