|Date Posted:||Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017|
|Job Location:||Woodlawn, MD|
|Required Skills:||Sr. Systems Engineer- Health IT|
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health IT portfolio in support of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), driving innovative designs for advanced system architecture solutions for new and existing complex computer systems. Our program is on the cutting-edge of health care reform in the United States and is making a difference in the lives of all Americans. This is a contingent requisition, awaiting final government approval and funding.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
* Coordinate with security personnel for compliance with security requirements
* Oversee the design of subsystems and integration of total system, as well as identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies
* Develop and recommend preventive and corrective actions
* Provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers
* Work with customer, users, and other contractors to understand and document requirements, delivery schedules, metrics reporting, and other stakeholder expectations
* Understand Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) to ensure technical solutions align with requirements
* Facilitate special projects as they proceed through their normal life-cycle, from initiation to closure, using sound project management disciplines, such as Agile
* Provide clear qualitative and quantitative information to teams and stakeholders
* Add to and sustain the Risk and Opportunity Register
* Support processes established to monitor and control project scope
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* BS Degree in Information Systems or related field and a minimum of 9 years relevant technical experience.
* Prior experience working on programs worth $5M/year or larger.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and must be detailed oriented
* Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate to management, peers and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
* Expertise with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc).
* Must have intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Project
* Must be either US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card) holder
* Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation.
* Knowledge of UML and BPML.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* MS Degree in Information Systems or related field
* Five (5) or more years of experience working with CMS. Other government contract project management experience will be considered.
* PMP certified
* Knowledge of IBM iBPM tool
* Knowledge of CMS Provider Enrollment business
* Knowledge of Visio or Sparx Enterprise Architect This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval. For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at http://careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. HEALTHIT
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Maryland-Woodlawn
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Business Sector: Information Systems
Clearance: Position of Public Trust
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming