|Date Posted:||Tuesday, May 30th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Annapolis Junction, MD|
|Required Skills:||Sr. Java Software Engineer|
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Qualifications: Candidates must have 9 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 7 years of experience with a Masters Degree. 13 years of experience in lieu of degrees. Candidates must have a TS/SCI Polygraph clearance
* At least fifteen (15) years in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. The individual must be able to communicate directions and provide guidance to junior programmer/analysts, as required; * At least eight (8) years developing software using the Java programming language.
* At least six (6) years of this experience must have been obtained in the last eight (8) years.
* At least six (6) years demonstrated experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, Vista), UNIX and Linux (Redhat versions 3--5) operating systems. At least two (2) years of this experience must have been obtained within the last four (4) years; * Experience in planning and accomplishing goals and complicated tasks and providing consultation on complex projects as top-level contributor or specialist; * Familiarity with the software development process described in the MIL-STD498, JSTD-0 16, and/or US 12207 and possess at least two (2) years of experience developing software in accordance with these standards; * At least six (6) years in programming and development of application software for complex systems and software testing; * Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software systems with functional requirements within a CMMI Level 2 process structure; * Experience "wrapping" legacy systems or components as Web Services within a SOA framework; * Developing solutions integrating and extending COTS products; * Developing of Framework infrastructure and services within one of the SOA design patterns; * Experience with performance tuning and optimization of service-based Framework infrastructure and services; * Developing of custom adapters allowing the integration of legacy (i.e., capabilities not developed as services) capabilities with service-based Framework infrastructure and services. Additionally, the following experience is desired:
* Experience in development within the Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE); * Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of Hadoop and Map Reduce frameworks; * Experience architecting, designing, developing, testing, and supporting integration of software as a component of SIGINT solutions; * At least six (6) years of either C or C++ Windows/Linux programming experience. NGISCYBERMD ISCYBERDIV
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming