|Date Posted:||Wednesday, May 31st, 2017|
|Job Location:||Portland, OR|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||Project Manager III|
Duration: 1 year with high likelihood of multiple 1 year extensions
Location: Portland, OR (Lloyd District)
This full-time contract position. The Project Manager in this position will provide leadership and guidance to technical staff and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. This includes planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage as well as monitoring progress and implementing controls to assure deadlines, standards and targets are met.
-Master's Degree is highly desired.
-Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration or a closely-related technical discipline is required (see experience requirements below).
- 10+ years of experience in Computer/Information Technology or Project Management leadership or a closely- related field is required; typically responsible for large-sized projects (more than $2M lifecycle cost). Experience should encompass demonstrated project management experience on technology projects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans.
-5+ years IT-related work experience is required.
-PMP certification is highly desirable.
-Experience with the fundamental operation, function, and workflow of a project management system with regard to timelines, dependencies, deliverables, milestones, and resources is required.
-IT project and program management experience within an Information Technology environment is
-Experience in a government or utility organization is desirable.
-Microsoft Windows/Office experience (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project). MS Office 2010 proficiency is required.
Direct candidates only. No Vendors.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants’ skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming