|Date Posted:||Thursday, June 1st, 2017|
|Job Location:||Atlanta, GA|
|Required Skills:||Application Servers, Architecture, Bridges, Development, Disaster Recovery, DNS, Hardware, HTTP, IBM, LAN, Management, Multiplexers, Network Engineer, Networks, Routers, Security, SMS, SQL, VMware, Web Servers, Windows, Windows XP, Windows 7|
Northrop Grumman Information Systems Sector is seeking a Network Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of technology and public health. This position is in the IT Support Group (ITSG) at the main Northrop Grumman offices will be located in Atlanta, GA. The qualified candidate will provide network support for all on-site staff supporting the CDC Programs. The candidate will experience with designing and planning network communications systems, providing specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture, experience providing specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. The ideal candidate will maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, and gateways. The candidate should be able to evaluate and report on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate ability to design, configure, test, implement and maintain network support activities, and ability to support application programmers working in that environment.
* Ability to provide technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and progress in accordance with schedules.
* Participate in designing, planning and installation of new networks and hardware.
* Evaluate network changes for operational impact. Make recommendations for approval of major network installations.
* Administration of all security and administration-related tools. These include SMS, Patch Management tools, and virus servers.
* Support VMWare virtual desktop development environment for up to 100 users, with an externally facing fire pass authentication solution.
* Responsible for mentoring junior technical staff and reviewing all tasks assigned to the staff.
* Responsible for LAN assets and tracking the assets.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or closely related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of experience or a minimum of 6 years experience to satisfy degree and experience requirements.
* 3 years of Migration experience with Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Servers.
* 3 years of demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office automation solutions.
* 3 years of experience with various application servers, including SQL, Web Servers, and network support (such as DNS or DHCP) servers.
* Experience in administrating a Public Cloud environment.
* Knowledge and experience with various administration and security tools.
* Extensive hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting experience.
* Experience with Disaster Recovery and BCP process planning.
* Demonstrate the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
* Strong technical documentation skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritizes competing demands, and remains flexible in fast-paced and intense situations.
* Strong problem solving skills along with outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Experience administering collaboration tools.
* Technical training experience
* IBM Softlayer experience would be a plus. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Business Sector: Information Systems
About NORTHROP GRUMMAN:
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, both in the products we deliver and in the way we conduct ourselves throughout the entire customer experience. Because, after all, we are in the business of securing a great deal more than just our place in the market. Our mission is to be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superior capability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies. The security solutions we provide help secure freedoms for our nation as well as those of our allies. Squarely meeting our obligations, fiscally and technologically, isn't just a business goal, but a moral imperative. To that end, as we evolve as a company, the responsibility we feel for our country and the citizens and troops we help support grows with us.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming