|Date Posted:||Monday, June 5th, 2017|
|Job Location:||San Jose, CA|
|Required Skills:||Java, J2EE, C/C++, Perl, Web Services, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Open Source|
The eBay Inc. Commerce OS organization is seeking a highly motivated senior Software Engineer who is interested in building systems to collect, process and provide analytics.* If you are passionate and self-driven to build great web services and big-data driven platforms using Java, J2EE, Hadoop, Machine Learning, and Open source technologies, we want to talk to you!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
At eBay, You will be working on the Commerce OS Standards team in delivering best in class standards to our internal and external customers. you will design and implement innovative insights to provide analytics for eBay APIs. Responsibilities include: Design and implement systems compatible with existing data platform within eBay, and provide Insights through platform & services, collaborate with team members in other disciplines, specifically Commerce OS Architects, Platform Services, Analytics and Business. Ability to develop strong relationships across levels and functions. Identify technical areas for improvement and make detailed business cases for improvements or new areas of opportunities. Develop industry and product technical expertise. Deliver consistently with little supervision.
Strong Software development skills (Java, J2EE, C/C++, Perl, Web Services etc.). Expertise in Java preferred.
Experience in developing elegant, simple and effective services that are RESTful
Proven knowledge of data mining and machine learning methods and tools
Experience in using Hadoop for development is desirable.
Experience in Pig, Teradata, Tableau, Kibana-Elasticsearch is a Plus
Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues
5+ years of experience in building, deploying distributed systems and data analytics.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming