|Date Posted:||Friday, June 9th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Edina, MN|
|Required Skills:||Analysis, Analyst, Civil, Database, Development, Genetic, Lifecycle, MS Office, Project, SQL, SQL Server|
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. Software Development Sr. Analyst to join our team in Edina, Minnesota.
The Software Development Sr. Analyst works with the information stored in databases and data warehouses to fulfill a wide range of operational data needs. Meets with key stakeholders, understand the business process generating the information, generate queries to pull information together, format into reports and dashboards, validate and deploy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Work as a member of a cross-functional project team through the full project lifecycle for multiple high profile projects ensuring timely delivery and accuracy. Develop and support the reporting front-end for high quality decision solutions interacting with various organizations including support, engineering, operations, quality, and marketing. Ability to tailor the user experience to meet the needs of individual contributors, large groups, and senior leadership. Perform analysis on project requests to certify need, understand the request and establish scope Translate requests into database queries, analyze data, and transform results into actionable reports. Design, develop and maintain efficient T-SQL queries using SSMS and SQL Server 2008, 2012 and 2014. Perform basic ETL functions to move data between various data sources. Provide input and requirements to Warehouse architects based on interaction with users. Ensure accuracy of reports and integrity of data to be used in high level decisions within the organization. Assist other teams and peers with projects/efforts as needed
Create SQL Stored Procedures using SSMS Create Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Ability to structure problems, gather and interpret data and draw conclusions. Experience writing T-SQL Queries and Stored Procedures Experience with SSRS reports Experience using MS Office Products Familiarity with the various components of the Microsoft BI stack Understanding of development methodologies Experience with Storage environments a plus
4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience
Ability to translate verbal and written requirements into tasks, and deliver on those tasks
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Department: Information Technology - Software Development
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming