|Date Posted:||Tuesday, June 13th, 2017|
|Job Location:||New York, NY|
|Pay Rate:||$175,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||Vp of Software Development|
Modis is seeking experienced VP of Software Development for one of their clients
Our Client, Located in New York, NY; is the leader in their Industry. Our client desires to hire this candidate on a permanent basis
This position is a member of our client’s development leadership focusing on development of our Digital Commerce Solutions. The initial objectives for this role will be to build and manage a development feature team in New York. The team will be responsible for developing digital commerce solutions and products. Candidates should have extensive understanding and knowledge of software operations and development.
• Provide leadership and direction to a software development team in the development of Digital Commerce solutions across our services as well as web and mobile applications.
• Initially build one of two feature development teams and lead the e-commerce application development efforts of that team.
• Ensure software designs align with Enterprise Architecture and leverage our enterprise services.
• Ensure development teams use the appropriate standard development methodologies and follow our technology standards, and that all projects and development are appropriately documented.
• Ensure that software and system design and delivery support the goal of zero down time in production.
• Define a key set of quality and performance metrics appropriate to a software development organization.
• Identify and recruit top notch talent to build a world class software development organization.
• Work closely with business partners on product definition, product roadmaps, business case development, and overall direction for the team.
• Ensure approved staffing levels are maintained, departmental and staff education, training and cross training needs are met.
• Ensure budgets are managed to investment a target, ensuring the team complies with all financial management processes.
• Respond to operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements to ensure consistent delivery of quality services.
Required Experience & Skills
* Bachelor’s Degree in related functional area or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
* Extensive experience in designing and developing consumer facing e-commerce and Mobile Commerce products is a must have.
* Experience is leading Java development efforts is required. Experience with JBoss, Drools, Primefaces, Seam, Taylor MDA, and Enterprise Java Beans is highly desired.
* Experience in leading teams in software development for eCommerce and mobile commerce solutions.
* Experience with software development methodologies, particularly with Agile methodologies.
* 8+ years of experience in software delivery.
* Experience building highly skilled technology teams.
* Proven verbal and written communications skills are a requirement for this role and experience with the following deliverables is critical: requirements documents, design documents, product roadmaps, and project financial analysis.
For immediate consideration, please reply through this website.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming