|Date Posted:||Monday, June 19th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Brisbane, CA|
|Required Skills:||Oracle, Hadoop, SQL, PL/SQL and scripting, ETL/ data pipelines|
eBay is the world's largest online marketplace with $175B of annual commerce volume and $14B in revenues. eBay Advertising is building an innovative ad targeting platform to connect to RTB exchanges and reach consumers across the web while utilizing the commerce data generated from the activity of 100s of millions of visitors to ebay.com and other eBay companies. The ad targeting platform is being developed by a rapidly growing and talented team located in Brisbane, CA.
We hiring a full time Senior Database Engineer, experienced in creating ETL/data pipelines using Oracle and Hadoop. The person in this position will work on developing the next generation of eBay Advertising data systems scaling up with the leading company in the PLA field.The cross-functional Commerce Platform team consists of Software engineers, QA engineers, and Product Managers. The engineer will work closely will all functions in the team and will also communicate with function in peer teams.
Responsibilities include: Development of eBay Commerce Network data warehouse systems.Design, implement and support data applications.Ensure the ongoing operational stability of database applications.Research and resolve data irregularities.Interact with DBA Team and data customers.Support BI solutions and help optimizing queries, reports and analytics. Be on call when required.
6+ years Oracle Development Experience.
Strong SQL & PL/SQL skills.
Strong Oracle design skills.
Proficient with understanding of Oracle internal mechanisms.
Knowledge in Hadoop, Hive, HBase.
Good analytic problem solving skills.
Proficient with TOAD (or like).
Proficient with Oracle code optimization.
Creativity and Innovation is highly encouraged.
Good communication skills.
Familiar with NoSQL systems.Experience developing oracle applications with SQL & PL/SQL.
Experience designing tables and optimize queries on Oracle DB.
Understanding of Oracle internal mechanisms.
Experience writing Hive queries on Hadoop for large scale data processing
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming