|Date Posted:||Tuesday, June 20th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Raleigh, NC|
|Required Skills:||Computer Operation Analyst (UNIX/LINUX) 2|
Northrop Grumman Information Systems is seeking a Computer Operation Analyst (UNIX/LINUX) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Raleigh, NC. This position is for an operations support analyst on the EDI / Data Transport systems team and is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and responding to alerts and issues. Position is on a highly visible team and ideal candidate needs to be organized and respond to situations as they are encountered and escalate as needed. Day to day activities include system administration and monitoring for multiple platforms including UNIX/Linux (HPUX, AIX, Solaris, RedHat Linux and Suse Linux) and Windows environments..
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Monitoring and remediating issues with alerts and notifications to support servers and other application tools.
* Troubleshooting and familiarity with Middleware components (Tuxedo, Weblogic, Runway, CTC, DB, Responding to alerts from automation and escalation from Level 1 Service Desk and incident, change and problem management activities.
* Responding to alerts related to file transfer issues or other data issues, and remediating these alerts.
* Assisting partners via email and phone to resolve transfer issues which could be related to server, network or other infrastructure components.
* Documenting issues and assisting with root cause analysis as needed. **NOTE: This is a shift position. Shift is Wednesday / Thursday from 12am - 8am and Saturday / Sunday 8pm - 8am. There will be 2-3 months of 1st shift M-F work for training and then migrate to the above hours. This shift is full time, no rotation, and very little likelihood of moving to another shift. CIVILED
* Bachelors Degree and 2 years of experience or equivalent experience.
* 2 years of experience UNIX/LINUX and basic trouble shooting skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Experience with Windows Operations systems, Office suite and Outlook email.
* Previous operations support duties
* Experience or understanding of EDI / B2B transactions
* UNIX / LINUX scripting- ability to write or at least understand
* Experience with communication protocols such as SFTP, SSH, AS2 and Connect Direct.
* Must be able to obtain Position of Public Trust Security Clearance.
* 3 years of hands on experience UNIX/LINUX
* 3 years of systems administration experience in a UNIX / LINUX distributed server environment. (HP-UX, AIX, SOLARIS, Suse LINUX, Red Hat LINUX)* 3 years of systems administration experience in a Windows server environment.
* 2 years of experience in an operational support team.
* Local to the Raleigh, NC area, this position does not provide relocation assistance.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems
Clearance: Position of Public Trust
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming