|Date Posted:||Friday, June 23rd, 2017|
|Job Location:||Raleigh, NC|
|Required Skills:||Software Application Engineer Programmer|
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Software Application Engineer Programmer for our client in the IT-Software domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract-to-Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 3 Months Contract-to-Hire
Locations: Raleigh, NC 27601
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Software Application Engineer Programmer
No of Positions: 2
Role Description: The Software Application Engineer Programmer would need to have at least 5 years of experience.
- BS, Computer Science or relevant, related experience.
- Software development experience, including but not limited to:
- Java software platform.
- Spring framework.
- Relational database environments.
- Software development lifecycle.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in Java.
- Experience as a problem solver.
- Should be comfortable on various operating systems, including Linux and Windows environment.
- Should be comfortable with database technologies including but not limited to SQL queries, DB setup and configuration, etc.
Sustaining Development Engineer
The candidate will be working within the Sustaining Engineering team. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, self-starter, and interested in solving problems. The candidates will be required to investigate software problems found both internal and external, make code changes, and participate in the development of maintenance and patch releases for the solution. 5 years of software development experience is required.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Investigate software problems that have been found by customers.
- Develop code changes to fix the problems.
- Produce high quality code to ensure supportability.
- Develop code for maintenance and patch releases.
Skills & Attributes:
The ideal candidate will have strong problem solving skills and an in-depth knowledge of the Java programming language. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently as well as recognize the need to call on the team for support.
Education: Bachelors degree
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None
About Mastech, Inc.:
Since 1986, we've been helping companies find the IT talent they need to grow, matching IT professionals with exciting new opportunities to advance professionally. Whether you need to staff a project or need to find a job, make Mastech your talent partner.
With 30 years of experience under our belts, we know a thing or two about IT staffing. Mastech evolved from a start-up IT staffing firm into a leading provider of high-quality IT talent with expertise in complex technologies, a high degree of professionalism, and an ability to deliver results. Thanks to our team’s dedication—and under the guidance of CEO Kevin Horner, formerly CIO of metal mega-giant Alcoa - Mastech was the fastest-growing public staffing firm in the US in 2012. Today, Mastech has more than 200 employees and 850 consultants nationwide. We’ve also been listed four times as an Inc. Magazine fastest-growing company in the U.S.; named among the Top 100 Hot Growth companies by BusinessWeek; and recognized in the Technology Fast 50 by Deloitte. We don’t play favorites; we partner with clients in every industry, including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, transportation, as well as in the public sector.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming