|Date Posted:||Tuesday, June 27th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Austin, TX|
|Job Duration:||7 - 9 months|
|Required Skills:||Teradata Managed Services Senior Database Administrator (DBA)|
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Teradata Managed Services Senior Database Administrator (DBA) for our client in the IT-Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Location: Austin, TX 78703
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Teradata Managed Services Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
Role Description: The Teradata Managed Services Senior Database Administrator would need to have at least 8 years of experience. This Managed Services Senior DBA is a Teradata trained Consultant with a proven track record of Managed Services engagements or a history of successful employment and escalating responsibilities within a Teradata customer environment.
- Provide consulting to Managed Services customers on how to effectively setup, maintain, troubleshoot and operate the Teradata platform and database environment.
- Evaluate new customer implementations of Teradata and advice on how those environments can run more efficiently and effectively through the use of Teradata operational best practices.
- Install, parameterize, implement and operate all Teradata tools and utilities.
- Evaluate and characterize workload and query performance, and utilize specialized Teradata tools such as Teradata Manager, Query Analyzer, and TASM tuning parameters as required to throttle workload and improve performance.
Operational responsibilities included creating database objects such as users and tables, monitoring and managing user sessions, monitoring system and query performance and tuning poorly performing queries. The Managed Services DBA also performs space management; data access management, administers security and access profiles, and performs backup and recovery operations.
- 8-15 years of experience in computer technology or related fields.
- Knowledge of data warehousing including active enterprise Intelligence, replication techniques and BI tools.
- Must have Teradata experience working as a production Infrastructure, application or development DBA as well as prior team leader experience.
- BS/BA degree in Business Technology, Computer Science, or Management with advanced degrees desirable in Operations Management or Process Quality disciplines.
- Teradata Masters Certification.
- Excellent problem solving skills with demonstrated experience managing and resolving work requests, change requests, and incidents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Teradata tools and utilities, specifically:
- Database Administration.
- Teradata Database Query Log.
- Teradata Index Wizard.
- Teradata Locking Logger.
- Teradata Manager and PMON.
- Teradata Viewpoint.
- Teradata Priority Scheduler Facility (PSF), TASM.
- Teradata SQL Assistant.
- Teradata Statistics Wizard.
- Teradata Visual Explain.
- Teradata Load Utilities, FastLoad, Mload.
- TTU and other utilities.
- System Administrator.
- Pack Disk, Scan Disk.
- Teradata Database System Control (DBS Control).
- Linux Utilities, CRON.
- Performance Management.
- BackUp and Recovery.
- NetBackUp, NetVault, Tivoli Storage Mgmt.
Education: Bachelors degree
Experience: Minimum 8+ years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None
About Mastech, Inc.:
Since 1986, we've been helping companies find the IT talent they need to grow, matching IT professionals with exciting new opportunities to advance professionally. Whether you need to staff a project or need to find a job, make Mastech your talent partner.
With 30 years of experience under our belts, we know a thing or two about IT staffing. Mastech evolved from a start-up IT staffing firm into a leading provider of high-quality IT talent with expertise in complex technologies, a high degree of professionalism, and an ability to deliver results. Thanks to our team’s dedication—and under the guidance of CEO Kevin Horner, formerly CIO of metal mega-giant Alcoa - Mastech was the fastest-growing public staffing firm in the US in 2012. Today, Mastech has more than 200 employees and 850 consultants nationwide. We’ve also been listed four times as an Inc. Magazine fastest-growing company in the U.S.; named among the Top 100 Hot Growth companies by BusinessWeek; and recognized in the Technology Fast 50 by Deloitte. We don’t play favorites; we partner with clients in every industry, including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, transportation, as well as in the public sector.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming