|Date Posted:||Thursday, June 29th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Brisbane, CA|
|Required Skills:||Java, J2EE, OOD, back end design, MySQL, Hadoop, Big Data|
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer for eBay Advertising to work in Brisbane, CA
Are you interested in building systems to collect, process and manage user audiences from billions of user generated events and tetabytes of data sets? Are you excited in solving challenging problems in data management domain leveraging latest open source big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, Aerospike, Storm and Druid. As part of eBay Marketplace NA organization, we are seeking an experienced software engineer for our data management platform. Our platform is expected to scale to billions of events and 99.99% of availability. The data management platform scope includes event model, metadata and governance, event collection, real-time and batch processing pipelines, data quality and monitoring as well as reporting.
We are looking for a backend java developer to work on our data management platform as a developer for our eBay Audience Platform (EAP) team.
Job requirements and qualifications:
3-5+ years of strong hands-on experience with Java, J2EE and related technologies.
Experience in building distributed back-end systems.
Strong track record of excellence, and of delivering high quality innovative software.
Hands-on experience working with MySQL, Hadoop or Aerospike is desired.
Strong understanding & usage of algorithms, data structures, and OO methodologies in designs and coding.
Backend java development experience.
Soft skills needed to succeed:
Flexible, adaptable, and able to autonomously manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, iterative development environment with short turn-around times.
Self-motivated, passionate for technology, and strong driver for results and continual improvement.
Team player - work well independently and in multi-group cross-discipline environment.
Excellent skills in influencing, resolving conflicts.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming