|Date Posted:||Tuesday, July 11th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Cleveland, OH|
|Required Skills:||SDLC, J2EE, web application, Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs|
Our premier Fortune 500 client in Downtown Cleveland is seeking a Sr Java Web Developer for a permanent position.
Relo and Sponsorship Provided! Call for Details!
Senior Java Web Developer
The Senior Java Web Developer position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of applications software in a service provider environment that supports the company business strategies and objectives. This role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates and works closely with other developers as a mentor. As a technical specialist this position also works with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
Strategy & Planning
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Work with Architecture role to review standards in determining the best design to meet project requirements. Responsible for implementing approved architecture design.
• Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Design application and database components for development projects.
• Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Train and teach other developers.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years of IT experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Work with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• 3+ years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
• 3+ years experience with Model-view-controller (MVC) architecture integration and Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD).
• Experience with Hibernate
• Experience generating Unified Modeling Language (UML) Documentation.
• Experience with Portal Development; Cold Fusion Development; Source Control.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Yes - 10%
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, Sex, Disability, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For more than 25 years, Randstad Technologies has been connecting companies around the world to customized technology solutions that meet and surpass objectives. We combine our deep industry expertise with our broad range of full-service capabilities – recruitment, consulting, projects, outsourcing – to deliver the right fit to our clients and candidates. From recruitment to technology solutions aimed at protecting and maximizing the value of technology investments, we power our clients' success – and drive our candidates' growth.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming