|Date Posted:||Friday, July 14th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Philadelphia, PA|
|Required Skills:||Entry Level Junior Software Developer Job|
Entry Level Junior Software Developer Job
Entry Level Junior Software Developer needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in Philadelphia, PA.
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
- One to three (1-3) years of relevant work experience, including extensive programming experience and strong Object Oriented skills.
- Experience in at least three of these categories of language families: Object Oriented (e.g. Java, C++, or C#), Scripting (e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby, PHP), Systems (e.g. C, golang), and Functional (Lisp, Scala, Clojure, Haskell, F#, ML)
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Writing tested, production-ready application code
- Writing appropriate levels of documentation
- Participating in joint design and architecture sessions
- Building effective deployment and monitoring systems
- Operating and supporting production environments (including
- Performing code reviews
- Participating in software release and deployment activities
- Coordinating constructively with other team members
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Excellent software development skills: Java, Scala, Ruby, or Python; bash shell scripting
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
- Experience with high-scale, distributed web service development (hands-on experience with RESTful web services)
- UNIX / Linux background: facility with command command-line utilities; familiarity with system administration tools and concepts a plus.
- Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols, especially TLS and HTTP.
- Familiarity with data serialization formats like XML, JSON and protocol buffers
- We're interested in attracting a diverse set of candidates for this position. If you're not sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying.
Bonus Points! Otherwise Known As Preferred Qualifications:
- Ruby or Scala experience.
What's In It For You?
- This is going to look great on your resume!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here !
At Yoh, we focus on helping you easily navigate your career options. The truth is, we take the time to get to know you and your professional aspirations. Want access to those great opportunities that will augment your career path? We’ve got that too! Yoh covers the diverse talent and workforce management needs in Aviation & Defense, Engineering, Federal Services, Health Care, IT, Life Sciences, Media & Entertainment and Telecom industries. You can be confident that we have the right job match for you. You need a career. Yoh has it!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming