|Date Posted:||Wednesday, July 26th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Albany, NY|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||Software Developer (Test) Job|
Software Developer (Test) Job
Software Engineer needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in Albany, NY
The Big Picture - Top Skills Should You Possess:
- Development experience with C#, Java OR C++
- Experience with test Frameworks such as (MVVM, MSTest, OR Siesta)
- Experience with Test Management tools (HP ALM-QC) AND Test Automation Tools ( HP UFT)
What You'll Be Doing:
- Break down problems and estimates time for quality related tasks
- Apply various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
- Implement and maintain functional, system and load test automation suites.
- Run test automation scripts, analyze and report automation results.
- Work with the development team in bugs fixing and build plans
- Partner with software engineers to design in testability before coding begins
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or 3+ years of relevant development experience.
- Experience developing with C#, Java, or C++.
- Experience with common test frameworks such as MVVM, MSTest, and/or Siesta.
- Experience with Test Management tools (HP ALM -QC), Test Automation Tools (HP UFT) and Build Integration tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment, complete tasks independently and learn quickly.
Bonus Points! Otherwise Known As Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Powershell scripting.
- Experience with Agile Development using Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience with software applications in the manufacturing, transportation, or infrastructure (power, water, mining, etc-) industries.
What's In It For You?
- Work with a industry leading software development team
If This Sounds Like You, Apply Now!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here !
At Yoh, we focus on helping you easily navigate your career options. The truth is, we take the time to get to know you and your professional aspirations. Want access to those great opportunities that will augment your career path? We’ve got that too! Yoh covers the diverse talent and workforce management needs in Aviation & Defense, Engineering, Federal Services, Health Care, IT, Life Sciences, Media & Entertainment and Telecom industries. You can be confident that we have the right job match for you. You need a career. Yoh has it!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Click here to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming