|Date Posted:||Thursday, July 27th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Irving, TX|
|Pay Rate:||$90000 - $98000 per annum|
|Required Skills:||VMware Engineer|
The Lead Server Engineer provides technical and tactical leadership for the management of the clients enterprise server infrastructure which consists of approximately 1,250 servers, housed within two centralized datacenters and over 100 remote office locations. As the clients subject matter expert for server operating systems and virtualization, the Lead Server Engineer draws heavily on a deep technical background in Vmware ESXi, the Windows Server operating system, and related hardware and software platforms. To that strong technical foundation, the Lead Server Engineer continually adds knowledge of the clients business and goals and ensures alignment between the tactical execution and the clients strategic direction.
* Serve as a subject matter expert for all topics related to Server Infrastructure, Vmware ESXi, Windows Server and related technologies.
* Champion, and actively employ, industry best practices for all related technologies
* Provide day-to-day oversight and direction to outsource partner resources
* Provide on call, Level 3 escalation, 7x24, for all operational issues and outages
* Serve as an advisor and influencer to IT Infrastructure Management by assisting in the development of multi-year departmental objectives and strategic direction.
* Provide mentoring and coaching to team members
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants’ skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming