|Date Posted:||Friday, July 28th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Pittsburgh, PA|
|Required Skills:||Senior SQL Developer|
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Senior SQL developer for our client in the Finance domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Full time position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: Full time
Location: Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Role: Senior SQL developer
Role Description: The Senior SQL developer would need to have 3 years of experience.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- SQL Developer with 10+ years experience required.
- Work set includes heavy SQL Development, SSIS entire stack, integration services, performance tuning, SQL Server, sort procedures, how to load and transform procedures.
- Some exposure to Tableau is good to have.
- C# knowledge to nice to have.
- Comfortable with Agile type work flow.
- Look at accuracy and have data management and Reporting skillset.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Knowledge of XML, Java, JSP and other relevant software.
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, Visual Basic, etc.
Education: Bachelors degree
Experience: Minimum 3 years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Expected Travel Time: None
About Mastech, Inc.:
Since 1986, we've been helping companies find the IT talent they need to grow, matching IT professionals with exciting new opportunities to advance professionally. Whether you need to staff a project or need to find a job, make Mastech your talent partner.
With 30 years of experience under our belts, we know a thing or two about IT staffing. Mastech evolved from a start-up IT staffing firm into a leading provider of high-quality IT talent with expertise in complex technologies, a high degree of professionalism, and an ability to deliver results. Thanks to our team’s dedication—and under the guidance of CEO Kevin Horner, formerly CIO of metal mega-giant Alcoa - Mastech was the fastest-growing public staffing firm in the US in 2012. Today, Mastech has more than 200 employees and 850 consultants nationwide. We’ve also been listed four times as an Inc. Magazine fastest-growing company in the U.S.; named among the Top 100 Hot Growth companies by BusinessWeek; and recognized in the Technology Fast 50 by Deloitte. We don’t play favorites; we partner with clients in every industry, including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, transportation, as well as in the public sector.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming