|Date Posted:||Tuesday, August 8th, 2017|
|Job Location:||San Diego, CA|
|Required Skills:||TCP, C, C++, IPV6, IPV4, ETHERNET, 10G, PROTOCOL, WIRELESS, 802, STACK|
Title: Network Software Development Engineer - TCP/IP, Ethernet
Location: San Diego, CA
Job type: Full-time
Salary range: $110k to $134k/yr + full benefits
*Design and implement network and platform software for our irrigation controllers and products.
Candidate will help drive our strategy and implementation for network-connected embedded products.
*Drive software design and development relating to network and system architecture, functionality and serviceability.
*Provides technical solution (architecture) proposals, estimates, detailed requirement specifications. Implements and integrates RFCs compliant stacks, and components in support of requirements.
*Manages and interacts with stack and component vendors.
*Activities include design and development, rigorous design reviews, product verification and field validation, along with developing appropriate documentation.
*Investigate new Internet technologies; be the core expert for IoT, RFCs and trends
*Work closely with the project team, management, Quality Assurance, and off-site developers.
*Responsible for keeping excellent, organized project records and documentation
*BS degree in CS, EE or equivalent.
*Strong software development, debugging, Design for Manufacturability and Design for Testability skills in C/C++.
*8+ years of experience developing and integrating software stacks and applications for TCP/IP and Ethernet protocols on IPv4 and IPv6.
*Experience with 8, 16 and 32-bit microcontroller-based embedded software development and using advanced development/debugging tools; e.g. C compilers, ICE, JTAG, logic analyzers, etc.
*Prior experience using embedded 32-bit Cortex ARM cores such as M0, M4.
*Demonstrated ability to integrate TCP/IP stacks, HTTP/FTP server/client, mail protocols and other components, from multiple vendors, on embedded systems.
*Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), works effectively with cross-functional teams.
*Proven experience in a team-oriented work environment.
*Self-starter, detail oriented, analytical, problem solver.
*Proven track record of generating high-quality results and meeting project schedules.
*802.11 wireless standards and networks highly desired, including embedded Wi-Fi networking stacks
*Linux networking stack and developing system software in Linux/Unix environments.
*Formal use cases
*Mobile application development for iPhone and Android devices
*Experience developing custom protocols for embedded systems
*Experience in the irrigation industry
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming