|Date Posted:||Wednesday, September 13th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Calgary, AB|
|Job Duration:||4 - 6 months|
|Required Skills:||Senior Java Developer|
Position/Title: Senior Java Developer
Length: 5 months
Start Date: ASAP
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please respond with:
• Rate & Availability
to: Apply Now
Please note that your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Senior Java Developer-5 month Contract – Exciting Domain
Key Responsibilities include:
• Design, develop and implement set top software products in line with architectural precepts and in conjunction with additional software development teams.
• Employ and operate unit and automated testing on development projects.
• Utilize proven methods and best practices in design and development of software systems, particularly in resource constrained targets.
• Develop and ensure adherence to Software Development guidelines and practices.
• A degree in Computer Science or P.Eng (registered with APEGGA) in Software Engineering from a recognized University.
• 7+ years of software development experience in a professional environment.
• Proven experience with Agile software development practices.
• Experience with both test-driven and behavior-driven software development practice. Experience with test-driven development.
• Working knowledge of SOA concepts.
• Experience with Database and System architecture is an asset.
• Experience in systems designs and software architecture including design patterns and their application.
• Ability to prioritize and manage work on critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to lead and participate on project teams.
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical problem solving and technical writing skills are required.
• Highly motivated, energetic, reliable and goal oriented.
• Must be a team player.
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
• Demonstrated strong logical and technical problem-solving skills, strong judgment and decision-making ability.
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyoming