|Date Posted:||Friday, September 29th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Little Rock, AR|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||DB2 DBA, DB2 Database Administrator, DPF, AIX, Replication, Backup, Restore|
Amitech Solutions is currently looking for a DB2 UDB DBA for one of our clients in Little Rock, AR.
This is a long term opportunity.
Skills: DB2 DBA, DPF, AIX, Replication, Backup Restore
Please send resume at "Apply Now!"
Sr. DB2 DBA Responsibilities/Requirements The DB2 Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for administering the DB2 10 and 10.5 database in an AIX platform. The DBA will continuously monitor the use of the database to identify opportunities for performance improvements.
Create DB2 database and potentially perform the physical implementation of the data model in the DB2 database.
Design and create and alter Databases, Tablespaces, Tables, Indexes, Views to meet the business requirements
Continuously monitor the use of the database to identify opportunities for performance improvements.
Configure the IIDR database software for the source and target databases for replication.
Implement the physical data model in the various environments.
Design and implement the backup and recovery processes using Tivoli.
Tune the physical model and the configuration of the database to better respond to the demands of the solution.
Monitor database fragmentation, growth, and performance.
Design and implement the security model within the database management system.
Estimates the data volumes and growth for each component of the data model.
Setup appropriate security to allow access to the databases and tables.
Assist the System Administrators, Application Developers and End Users with database related problems.
Assist Operations with after hours on-call support.
Minimum 5 years of experience administering DB2 databases in either transactional or analytical application environments Minimum 5 years of administering experience in DB2 databases on an AIX platform.
Database Backup and Restore experience preferable using Tivoli.
Experience designing and implementing physical data models.
Ability to establish both database backup and Disaster Recovery procedures – mirroring and clustering.
Ability to identify performance issues and recommend solutions
Ability to setup and run the utilities to prevent performance or space problems – run the reorg and statistics utilities
Exposure to Oracle 11g Database is a plus.
DB2 version 10 and 10.5
Use of DPF ‘tool’/feature
Database Administration, performance tuning, logical and physical design, stored procedures for the above
Backup and Restore
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer and/or analytical related studies (i.e. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics etc.).
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area