|Date Posted:||Friday, October 6th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Washington, DC|
|Required Skills:||Database Administrator 3|
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Database Administrator 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington, DC. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence...Northrop Grumman is looking for an experienced and energetic database administrator to provide on-site support at the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI). The selected candidate must have a positive attitude, excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as superior customer relationship management skills. This position will also provide administration and maintenance for the Oracle WebLogic application server environment. .
Roles and Responsibilities:
* installation, updates and configuration of database and application servers, implement and maintain smooth operation and physical design of databases.
* Conduct performance tuning of indexes and databases in general
* Review database design and integration of systems, provide backup recovery and make recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements
* Maintain security and integrity controls. Formulate policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitor transaction activity and utilization
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information System, or closely related technical degree and 6+ years of professional database administration experience. An addition 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* 3+ Years of Oracle Database Administration experience working with 10g, 11g, or 12c
* Fluent in the use of RMAN and other Oracle database disaster recovery methods
* Strong SQL skills
* US Citizenship
* Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
* Position requires a current SCI Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information System, or closely related technical degree
* Certified by Oracle as an Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional
* Current Security+ Certification or equivalent qualifier for DOD Directive 8570
* Experience in administration of Oracle WebLogic server
* Experience in administration of Oracle HTTP server or other similar Apache based HTTP server
* Experience developing/maintaining PL/SQL software
* Experience with Oracle Database performance tuning
* Experience with logical and physical modeling design and implementation in an Oracle Database
* Experience with Oracle Database ASM file management
* Knowledge of SAVANT
* Knowledge/Experience of/with ONI's Knowledge Management Advanced Production (KMAP) system
* Knowledge/Experience of/with ONI's Naval Intelligence Database (NID)* Experience with Microsoft Windows, Unix, and Linux
* Previous experience working the SAVANT program at ONI Relocation assistance is not available for this position. This position is contingent upon contract award, budget, and/or customer approval.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at http://careers.northropgrumman.com Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area
- Remote Jobs:
- To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote or Remote UK for example.