|Date Posted:||Monday, October 23rd, 2017|
|Job Location:||Calgary, AB|
|Required Skills:||Intermediate and Senior .Net Developer|
Position/Title: Lead .Net Developer
Length: Permanent – Vancouver BC
Start Date: ASAP
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please respond with:
• Rate & Availability
to: Apply Now
Please note that your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our Vancouver based client are some of the world's biggest retailers and serve massive volumes of customers and data online. To accommodate business growth and customer demands they require a senior developer to work on key accounts to help them ensure success.
Working within an Agile environment, the Lead Developer uses their leadership, technical & organizational expertise to lead a development project team in ensuring successful delivery of software components and deliverables. The Lead Developer is the primary contact for PM', BA's & EA's and oversees the career development of the developers within the team.
• Leads the development of technology solutions which utilizes our client’s processes, templates, best practices and standards to maximize reliability, functionality, and integrity while minimizing costs and cycle time.
• Works with the Senior/Lead Developers & Enterprise Architects to facilitate the architecture and design of the solutions.
• Consults with the Enterprise Architects as required resolving any issues.
• Leads the development team to design and implement the architecture vision.
• Mentors developers and assists them in resolving issues.
• Drives problem determination and resolution.
• Ensures PM's have accurate technical advice, assessments and estimates form development team.
• Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
• Promotes team effectiveness by removing technical blockers.
• Communicates with all areas to ensure a smooth efficient process.
• Reports status to PM on a regular basis.
• Consults with others to solve problems when required.
• Participates in regular Lead Developer meetings and ensures others are aware of technical successes & innovations.
• Communicates outcomes of Lead Developer meetings to development team.
• Participates in Product demos.
• Schedules & participates in code reviews.
Experience & Skills Required:
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 6+ years' experience in (web)-application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio.
• 2+ years' experience in relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL Server
• 3+ years' experience with software version management systems (e.g. Perforce) and task/bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
• 2+ years in leadership role
• Demonstrated working experience in an Agile / SCRUM development environment
• Experience with technologies such as MVC, ORM, IOC, etc.
• Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
• Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming principles.
• Experience with Sitefinity CMS considered a strong asset.
• Expertise with nServiceBus and MSMQ considered a strong asset.
• Experience with high-performance, scalable enterprise systems would be a strong asset.
• Real experience (at least 5 years') with large design efforts, enterprise level deployment, and n-tier architecture.
• Proven track record successfully mentoring other developers in .NET technology and code quality.
• Excellent English communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Experience in tight deadline, high pressure environment.
Our client offers competitive salary, company paid health benefits, above average paid time off, training, company paid social nights, dog friendly environment, popcorn Fridays and many more social activities.
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area