|Date Posted:||Wednesday, November 15th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Irvine, CA|
|Job Duration:||7 - 9 months|
|Required Skills:||DATA ARCHITECT, AWS, CLOUD, ETL, DATA MODELING, SQL, NOSQL, MONGO, MONGODB, CASSANDRA, NEO4J, MEMCACHE, REDIS|
Job: Sr. Data Architect
Location: Irvine, CA or Portland, OR
Type: Contract est. 6 months
Our client is looking for a Senior Data Architect with broad experience and deep technology knowledge to: inform their data architecture and storage needs/choices as they transition from separate applications to a combined suite.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must have current hands-on experience with implementation of large database and tier-2 and tier-3 type solutions.
- Experience with designing systems with SQL or NoSQL data stores (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Memcache, Redis)
- Knowledge and experience in designing, planning, building and deploying (release, maintenance, monitoring) solutions
- Skill at presenting complex development topics to technical personnel
- Experience and extensive knowledge of AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used.
- Ability to lead technical discussions on data warehouse appliance technology (hardware, software, database, storage).
- Provide assistance or share best practices related to cloud-based application hosting, platform engineering and build functions covering:
- Reference architectures
- Design principles
- Environment platform specs
- Hardware and capacity details
- System configurations
- Identify, characterize/categorize various data storage sets
- Provide expertise in data storage technologies and assist in decision making including guidance on trade-offs
- Define appropriate data archival strategy and ETL tools appropriate to working at massive scale and exponentially increasing data sets
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area is preferred
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area
- Remote Jobs:
- To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote or Remote UK for example.