|Date Posted:||Wednesday, November 29th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Atlanta, GA|
|Required Skills:||Full Stack Developer|
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Full Stack Developer for our client in the Retailer domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract-to-Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract-to-Hire
Location: Atlanta, GA 30339
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Full Stack Developer
Role Description: The Full Stack Developer would need to have at least 3 years of experience.
- Agile Methodology
- UI Design Framework
- Restful WebServices
The Developer builds an application (using server-side code like PHP, Ruby, Python, .Net etc.) which connects with a database (using MySQL, SQL, Access etc.) to look up, save or change data and return it back to the user in form of front-end code. The Lead Developer will be responsible for leading medium to large projects.
The Candidate must have a strong and detailed understanding of each task on a large and complex project, and the ability to present status and strategy to project and executive leadership. This Candidate must have an excellent understanding of the IT project life cycle, trends in the IT landscape and be able to influence IT leadership on streamlining those processes.
The Lead Developer must be able to guide and direct project teams using Agile methodology from backlog grooming to release planning. Must be able to present ideas to IT review boards and business leadership. Assists multiple team members and other project lead in the day-to-day activities related to project work.
The Lead Developer must have and be able to promote an appropriate sense of urgency in regard to deliverables, and be able to effectively partner with the team and the business to develop and deliver IT solutions. In addition, the lead will be responsible for overseeing and guiding the work produced by more junior developers and contract developers including code reviews.
Key Hands on Functional and Technical Skills:
- Java development with focus on web development (JSP, Servlet, JMS, and JSON).
- Well versed with web frameworks and languages (HTML5, CSS, JQuery, AJAX, Angular, and Cordova).
- Well versed with standard web service development frameworks and methodologies (DAO, RESTFul, and SSL).
- Experience in Agile/XP methodologies is required.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies.
- Experience working in cloud environment i.e., AWS, Cloud Foundry etc.
- Mobile development experiences a plus - best practices, building responsive pages, converting browser-based apps to mobile apps.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Must be able to use different forms of communication to delivery message to different groups of people.
- Skilled at building positive relationships with team members and matrix teams.
- Ability at leading and facilitating meetings.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- View software packages, products and define, prioritize, plan and implement solutions across multiple complex projects.
- Ensure the team comprehends and applies the established processes, policies, standards and procedures.
- Provide status reports to Manager and review boards on complex development projects.
- Guide and direct project teams in the requirements gathering, design, and development of complex applications/programs.
- Ensure compliance and conduct appropriate test reviews as necessary.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical.
- Understands the financial implications of the project (i.e., software capitalization, cost/benefits, etc.).
- Strong decision making abilities.
- Ability to lead and mentor others.
Education: High School Diploma and/or GED
Experience: Minimum 3 years
Relocation: No, this position will not recover for relocation
Local Preferred: Yes
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Expected Travel Time: None
About Mastech, Inc.:
Since 1986, we've been helping companies find the IT talent they need to grow, matching IT professionals with exciting new opportunities to advance professionally. Whether you need to staff a project or need to find a job, make Mastech your talent partner.
With 30 years of experience under our belts, we know a thing or two about IT staffing. Mastech evolved from a start-up IT staffing firm into a leading provider of high-quality IT talent with expertise in complex technologies, a high degree of professionalism, and an ability to deliver results. Thanks to our team’s dedication—and under the guidance of CEO Kevin Horner, formerly CIO of metal mega-giant Alcoa - Mastech was the fastest-growing public staffing firm in the US in 2012. Today, Mastech has more than 200 employees and 850 consultants nationwide. We’ve also been listed four times as an Inc. Magazine fastest-growing company in the U.S.; named among the Top 100 Hot Growth companies by BusinessWeek; and recognized in the Technology Fast 50 by Deloitte. We don’t play favorites; we partner with clients in every industry, including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, transportation, as well as in the public sector.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area
- Remote Jobs:
- To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote or Remote UK for example.