|Date Posted:||Thursday, November 30th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Calgary, AB|
|Job Duration:||7 - 9 months|
|Required Skills:||Sr Business Analyst (Cloud)|
Position/Title: Sr Business Analyst
Length: 6 months (Calgary AB)
Start Date: ASAP
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please respond with:
• Rate & Availability
to: Apply Now
Please note that your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Summary: The main function of a Business Analyst - Technical is to possess a solid understanding of business specific processes in order to liaise with different business units to gather and manage business requirements and collaborate with relevant IS delivery teams to develop initial Business Demand Requests (BDRs) artifacts. Other responsibilities may include developing and providing end user awareness training, assist in the establishment of service levels for services provided by IS, establishing business risk, maintaining project management processes, including project goals, deadlines, metrics and budget. The Business Analyst - Technical usually reports to a project manager or team lead.
• Supervise the testing, maintenance, and monitoring of computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
• Advise clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs.
• Advise management on current system principles and necessary updates and recommendations.
• Supervise the expansion or modification of system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
• Interview or survey workers, observe job performance or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how IS is processed.
• Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs.
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time.
• Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
• Expert knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models. Education/Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• 10+ years experience required.
• HP / NetApp * 4/5
• Strong facilitation skills * 5/5
• Technical writing * 5/5 and 10 Yrs.
• VCE vBlock * 4/5
• Vmware product Suite * 5/5 and 10 Yrs.
Additional Position Requirements
• HP / NetApp experience / knowledge
• VCE vBlock experience / knowledge
• VMware Product experience / knowledge (vCloud Suite, Realize Suite, etc.)
• Senior Facilitation and Presentation Skills
• Technical Writing Capability
• Experience writing High Level Training Documents
• ITIL and Service Management knowledge
• Infrastructure Deployment experience
Solid Cloud (VmWare) knowledge, excellent communication and documentation skills are essential
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area
- Remote Jobs:
- To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote or Remote UK for example.