|Date Posted:||Monday, December 4th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Toronto, ON|
|Required Skills:||site operations, Dev/Ops, DevOps, systems engineer,linux, chef, puppet, Java|
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with eleven brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities — whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, a concert ticket, financial services or new friends. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
People who want to connect and trade visit our sites because they’re fun, easy to use and built on thrust.
We have a global presence in more than 20 countries and in more than 1,000 cities, nearly 60 million global unique visitors, generating close to 5 billion page views per month.
We’re looking for a Manager, Site Operations for our team in Toronto, Canada
eBay Classifieds Group offers empowering roles worldwide with a focus on creativity, competitive pay and benefits, professional growth, and performance-focused rewards.
Our platforms are based on, Linux, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, MySQL and Java. We need a talented system engineer support the administration, optimization (performance tuning) & expansion of our web infrastructure. Primary job responsibilities include: Lead a team of 5 * Linux system Engineers responsible for managing the Kijiji Canada platform.Working with the development teams in Canada.Ensure 2nd and 3rd line support for production environment, including on-call Ensure delivery of changes to the production, QA and development environments.Build, maintain, secure and upgrade our Linux systems (web servers, application servers & databases)Assess systems utilization to assist in troubleshooting, performance tuning and capacity management.Ensure team delivers infrastructure projects on time and within budget.Provide assistance with vendor's technical support Identify, advocate and influence game-changing technology or process to improve stability, speed to market and maintainability whilst reducing cost.
5+ years of hands-on experience managing High-Volume/Transaction Websites
Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Minimum of 2 years of people management experience
Solid understanding of high performance, customer facing Internet applications
Proven problem solving track record focused on quick outage restore, root cause analysis technologies
Hands on Java and Apache optimization, performance tuning and configuration
Understanding of DNS, NFS, TCP/IP and other protocols
Testing and implementation of high availability and disaster recovery solutions
Flexible, strongly adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management
Positive attitude and willingness to take on new responsibilities
Willing to travel
Fluent in English
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area
- Remote Jobs:
- To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote or Remote UK for example.