|Date Posted:||Monday, December 4th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Cambridge, UK|
|Pay Rate:||£30000 - £45000 per annum|
|Required Skills:||Linux, RedHat, Python, cloud deployment, big data, security, firewalls, System Administration, Sys Admin, DevOps|
Key words - Linux, RedHat, Python, cloud deployment, big data, security, firewalls.
Salary - £30-45k
Are an innovative software house in Cambridge who were tipped as 'one to watch' in 2015. This company still maintain a strong R&D feel and their cloud based applications are used to make a real difference to our lives.
-Deployment of servers for internal and remote use in the cloud.
-Resolve technical problems and create solutions for customers.
-Design and implement system architectures.
-Daily interaction with the development team. You will help with new product features and bug fixes so someone with a real passion for programming will embrace this opportunity.
-Linux will be your strongest platform, however you will be comfortable working on other platforms too (Windows Server would be nice).
-Network protocol knowledge.
-A curious person by nature and enjoy solving problems.
-Good scripting skills, knowledge of Python would be great!
-'Experience of cloud deployment and/or Big Data would be lovely to see!'
-This company have a solid reputation and dominate their market. They are ambitious and this is proven by their year on year growth. If you mirror their ambitious nature and want a varied role that offers you more freedom than most please apply now.
Key words - Linux, RedHat, Python, cloud deployment, big data, security, firewalls, System Administration, Sys Admin, DevOps
About Edgar Cowen:
Edgar Cowen was formed in 2005 and we have been experiencing significant growth ever since. From the top to the bottom we feel that it is essential that every employee engages with our clients. It is therefore company policy that all managers at Edgar Cowen spend a proportion of their days engaged in recruitment consultancy activity, it is important that they lead their teams by example and they do that by being 'on the phones'.
The business was formed with a clear idea as to how a recruitment company should be run, with the founders having previously being high performers in recruitment agencies. They took the best and worst from their experiences, improved things that worked well and ensured mistakes other companies had made were not repeated.
Initially Edgar Cowen was an IT recruiter, 3 months after its formation we opened our Property & Construction division and we subsequently opened our Energy division in 2008 with an emphasis on the upstream Oil & Gas industry.
We recruit both permanent and contract staff and our consultants specialise in vertical markets in geographical areas, what this means is that our consultants are specialists in their given fields allowing them to offer their clients a good pool of candidates, and candidates the highest possible number of opportunities.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area
- Remote Jobs:
- To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote or Remote UK for example.