|Date Posted:||Monday, December 4th, 2017|
|Job Location:||San Ramon, CA|
|Required Skills:||QA Engineer / QA Lead Job|
QA Engineer / QA Lead Job
QA Engineer / Lead needed for a contract (possible hire) opportunity with Yoh's client located in San Ramon, CA
The Big Picture - Top Skills Should You Possess:
- At least eight (8) total years of experience in QA and or Development
- Black Box testing
- Coding experience in C# or Java
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area.
- Work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
- Lead quality engineering discussions in a limited manner and mentors other junior quality engineers.
- Own large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts.
- Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
- Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
- Appropriately reuse existing code wherever possible; drives same behaviors across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
- Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams at the COE.
- Determine testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
- Be an expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Be skilled at developing code for other developers to learn from.
- Be skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
- Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
- Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes.
- Act as an expert in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects.
- Uses test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space.
- Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited institute
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in software QA or development, preferably in Life Science, Healthcare industries.
- Expert in black box testing
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with Test Frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, JBehave
- Minimum three (3) years of coding experience with C# or Java
- Experience with Jira, Rally, VS, ALM, Perforce, VMware, MS SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL
- Demonstrated ability to write / read Java code
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
Bonus Points! Otherwise Known As Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of OOD, software design patterns and principles
- Experience in testing Enterprise Software Products
- Knowledge of JUnit and Test Driven Development practices
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience working in a validated environment.
If This Sounds Like You, Apply Now!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here !
At Yoh, we focus on helping you easily navigate your career options. The truth is, we take the time to get to know you and your professional aspirations. Want access to those great opportunities that will augment your career path? We’ve got that too! Yoh covers the diverse talent and workforce management needs in Aviation & Defense, Engineering, Federal Services, Health Care, IT, Life Sciences, Media & Entertainment and Telecom industries. You can be confident that we have the right job match for you. You need a career. Yoh has it!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V .
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area
- Remote Jobs:
- To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote or Remote UK for example.