|Date Posted:||Monday, December 4th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Santa Monica, CA|
|Required Skills:||Java, Android SDK, MySQL, XML, JSON and web services, Bugzilla or Jira|
Kforce client in Santa Monica, CA is hiring for an Android Developer for permanent opportunity. The Software Engineer - Android- in this role is responsible for mobile software development for Beats' family of products. This individual will be working to develop awesome software that is scalable, functional, and reliable.
* Develop mobile applications for the Android mobile operating systems.
* Develop user interfaces that are intuitive, usable, visually appealing and easy to learn.
* Develop software requirements specifications and software design specifications.
* Develop working, readable, testable, scalable, maintainable, and quality source code.
* Deliver materials on time, on budget, and of high quality.
* Work with hardware and software developers in a wide range of disciplines to develop fully integrated applications.
* B.S. in Computer Science or other related disciplines.
* 5+ years of software development.
* 3+ years of hands on development experience in Java, and Android SDK.
* 3+ years experience using integrated development environments such as Eclipse.
* Must have developed applications that are currently available in Android marketplaces, or are used widely by a large group (executables, documents, or any materials will be asked for during the interview process).
* Must have experience developing for multiple form factors (Phone/Tablet) and multiple resolutions.
* Experience with Bluetooth, and NFC wireless technologies on Android platforms.
* Experience with the Google's Android user interface guidelines.
* Experience with user stories, use cases, UML, and any other requirements/designs methodologies.
* Experience with third party APIs such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Gigya, Spotify, etc.
* Experience with fast prototyping tools (i.e. mockflow, or photoshop) for wireframes and full user interface prototypes.
* Experience with other technologies like MySQL, XML, JSON and web services.
* Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design with appropriate use of Design Patterns.
* Knowledge of source code control tools like Git, SVN or CVS.
* Knowledge of Agile software development. Knowledge of other software development life cycles like RUP or Waterfall is acceptable.
* Knowledge of bug tracking tools like Bugzilla or Jira.
* Familiarity with Test Driven Development experience and knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit, JMock, etc.
* Familiarity with voice recognition and sensor based SDKs.
* Experience with iOS development is a plus.
* Experience with PC or Mac application development is a plus.
* Experience with web development is a plus.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 58 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 151 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.