|Date Posted:||Tuesday, December 5th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Newport Beach, CA|
|Pay Rate:||$95,000.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||BI Developer|
The BI Developer will perform complex analysis and configuration of the BW/BI data environment to facilitate custom reporting and data analytics solutions specifically for FI/CO. The role will also perform backend design, construction and unit testing of backend components: ODS, Transactional, InfoObjects, InfoCubes, InfoSources/Data Sources, Master Data, Transfer Rules, User Exits, and Update Rules, etc. The BI Developer will participate in requirements gathering, analysis, and selection of new BI tools implemented by the team for business clients. This position will be trained to support any newly implemented BI tools, and provide support for those tools. Potential new tools could include SAP Business Objects Suite, OBIEE, etc.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions (including the following, other duties may be assigned)
• Participate in defining and maintaining BI Strategy.
• Act as first contact for aid in resolution of BW and BEx issues.
• Coordinate communication between BW and user community.
• Provide strong hands-on technical development abilities working with SAP BW/BI technology.
• Work with users to define requirements for SAP BW/BI applications and reports.
• Model BW scenarios and architecture, designing the BW models, systems solutions, and system/user documentation.
• Develop, test, document, build, maintain and/or develop:
o BW extracts, transformations, cube, and build/test associated with FI team deliverables.
o Data extracts, transformations, process chains, ODS Objects, InfoCubes, etc.
o BEx queries, reports, and broadcast settings
o BW processes - Process Chain monitoring and incident resolution
• Coordinate with business managers and develop BW/BI reports.
• Maintain system in accordance with department standards and SAP best practices.
• Perform unit testing and validation of BW development and enhancements.
• Verify data quality and ensure BW is in-sync with source systems.
• Correct, revise, and improve functional programs to make operating refinements, reduce operating time, and improve present techniques and procedures.
• Coordination with end users and other teams.
• Conduct Performance Tuning of BW applications (Data extraction, OLAP processes, and report performance).
• Perform system upgrades, enhancements and patches.
• Minimum of 2 - 3 years of IT experience.
• Minimum of 2 - 3 years of hands-on SAP BW 7.X design and development experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more of the following modules (FI, HR, SD, MM).
• Previous experience with SAP implementation projects; proficient with SAP BW 7.x plus SAP ECC 6.
• Detailed knowledge of SAP BW modules and experience integrating BW with ECC 6.0 modules and non-SAP data.
• Hands-on experience with SAP data dictionary, ABAP workbench, and knowledge of Business Consolidation & newer functionality.
• Ability to create and debug BW ABAP routines and extractors.
• Experience and knowledge implementing solutions using BW and BEx.
• Experience designing queries using BEx query designer and creating formatted reports.
• Experience with BW Pre-calculation server and BEx broadcaster.
• Experience with performance tuning BW with DBA’s and with SAP BW security setup.
• Experience in evaluating and implementing new software and upgrades.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to accomplish critical, time sensitive business objectives.
• Possess solid communication skills and have the ability to interact professionally with all levels of employees, vendors and end-users in written and verbal communications.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced professional environment is essential.
• Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships with IT and business colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
Education and Additional Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or combination of education and experience.
• Experience with SAP Business Objects Suite 4.x and the interaction between BW and BOBJ preferred.
• Experience with other BI tools a plus (ex: OBIEE, Microsoft BI, JasperSoft, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc.)
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area
- Remote Jobs:
- To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote or Remote UK for example.