|Date Posted:||Thursday, December 7th, 2017|
|Job Location:||Palo Alto, CA|
|Required Skills:||Analysis, Bash, Configuration Management, CTO, DNS, Genetic, GIT, Hardware, Linux, Management, Metrics, MySQL, mysql, Python, Security, SMTP, VPN|
Randstad Technologies is seeking a qualified Engineer to support a gaming maverick located in Palo Alto, CA.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer is an integral part of the Operations team and will report directly to our partner's CTO/Co-Founder. You should have experience running large-scale systems in a LAMP environment with knowledge of tuning MySQL servers. You will be responsible for keeping our partner's games up and running, as well as building out their server infrastructure to support future games. Your work will directly impact the player experience of tens of millions of global players in the future. This is your chance to leave your legacy and be part of gaming history!
Manage the global, always-on, multi-game infrastructure
Help plan network maintenance, minimizing impact on the live games
Sizing Hardware (Memory/HardDrive/CPU/Connections)
Analyzing data metrics, while proposing system solutions (Performance Analysis)
Extensive work with open source tools
5+ years of experience in medium-large scale systems (Nginx, Redis, Erlang/XMPP)
Deep knowledge of tuning Linux (Ubuntu) internals and core system services (DNS, SMTP, Syslog, IPTables, etc.)
Hands-on configuration management experience (Puppet, Chef, CFengine or SaltStack)
Direct involvement in configuring and tuning MySQL servers, and running replication
Extensive experience with Nagios, Cacti, and Git
Strong coding and scripting knowledge of Python and Bash
Access to a car, with a valid CA driver’s license
Exceptional verbal and documentation skills
Participate in on-call rotations and perform off-hour maintenance activities
Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, start-up work environment
BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Experience with OpenStack or other virtualization technologies
Experience with network security, firewalls/ACLs, VPN services
For more than 25 years, Randstad Technologies has been connecting companies around the world to customized technology solutions that meet and surpass objectives. We combine our deep industry expertise with our broad range of full-service capabilities – recruitment, consulting, projects, outsourcing – to deliver the right fit to our clients and candidates. From recruitment to technology solutions aimed at protecting and maximizing the value of technology investments, we power our clients' success – and drive our candidates' growth.
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, Sex, Disability, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
* Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area
- Remote Jobs:
- To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote or Remote UK for example.