|Date Posted:||Monday, February 26th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Lisle, IL|
|Required Skills:||Analysis, Analyst, Civil, Customer Service, Data Analysis, Database, Firewall, Genetic, Linux, Management, Metrics, Quality Assurance, Security, Unix|
Quality Assurance Specialist (IT Security)
MSS Global Operations - Security Services Team
Dell SecureWorks is a market leader in information security services with more than 4,000 clients worldwide spanning North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim. Organizations of all sizes, across all industries rely on Dell SecureWorks to protect their assets, improve compliance and reduce costs. The combination of strong client service, award-winning security technology and experienced security professionals makes Dell SecureWorks the premier provider of information security services for any organization. Positioned as a leader of the MSSP industry by several global industry analyst firms, Dell SecureWorks also has received SC Magazine's "Best Managed Security Service" award and Frost and Sullivan's North America Security Incident Mitigation and Response Client Value Leadership Award, among others.
Working in a flexible day schedule supporting a Security Operations Center team, a Quality Assurance SST Specialist audits inbound and outbound phone calls, team ticket interactions with clients, and overall team process adherence. Additional duties include, but are not limited to; giving positive feedback on ticket and phone quality, concentrating on customer service excellence, process procedure, and technical proficiency.
* Work flexible day shift hours that allows interactions with all shifts
* Review and audit ticket correspondence between the Security Services Team and client base
* Audit and review phone interactions between client base and Security Services Team
* Provide positive feedback and guidance to help build a stronger more efficient team
* Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation
* Communicate audit findings by preparing a final report; discussing findings with auditees
* Collect and analyze weekly and monthly metrics to monitor team efficiency and weakness
* Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends
* Work closely with SST management and team lead to collaborate on team growth, goals, and success
As a managed security provider, Dell SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
* 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience; undergraduate degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Time management and organizational skills
* Basic understanding of intrusion detection, firewall operations, and other general security practices, Unix or Linux operating systems, computer network fundamentals, auditing systems, Database systems, and data analysis programs
* Working knowledge/experience of network systems, security principles, and applications
* Knowledge of client service principles, commitment to client service, and general software and internet applications
* Assist team lead and management to improve ticket and phone quality, while improving efficiency.
* Update technical documentation as required
* Demonstrate excellent communication and customer care skills by documenting audit information.
* Manage, participate in, or directly work on any additional projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
* Experience with a software company or 'security' specific previous role
Lisle, IL or Atlanta, GA
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
* Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
* When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
* Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
* We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
* Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Department: Security Center Operations - Infrastructure Design and Management
Browse IT Jobs by location:
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.