|Date Posted:||Thursday, May 10th, 2018|
|Job Location:||San Ramon, CA|
|Required Skills:||QA Engineer / QA Lead Job|
QA Engineer / QA Lead Job
QA Engineer / Lead needed for a contract (possible hire) opportunity with Yoh's client located in San Ramon, CA
The Big Picture - Top Skills Should You Possess:
- At least eight (8) total years of experience in QA and or Development
- Black Box testing
- Coding experience in C# or Java
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for test creation, testing a large module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area.
- Work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
- Lead quality engineering discussions in a limited manner and mentors other junior quality engineers.
- Own large sized tasks or small projects and delivers QE artifacts.
- Manages deliverables and mentors junior team members.
- Contribute in driving initiatives such as defining coding standards and processes to ensure quality code is produced.
- Appropriately reuse existing code wherever possible; drives same behaviors across team while coaching other developers to improve their code quality.
- Develop and enhance the test infrastructure and continuous integration framework used across teams at the COE.
- Determine testing best practices and principals and promotes them across the organization.
- Be an expert in developing and executing maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Be skilled at developing code for other developers to learn from.
- Be skilled in integrating project testing with continuous-integration process.
- Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
- Provide functional and technical expertise in bug fixes.
- Act as an expert in the quality engineering, manages test plans and testing methodology for software projects.
- Uses test automation techniques (data driven, pairwise, mocking, test hooks) that fit the problem space.
- Understands designing and coding for testability to produce quality code with the lowest cost.
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited institute
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in software QA or development, preferably in Life Science, Healthcare industries.
- Expert in black box testing
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with Test Frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, JBehave
- Minimum three (3) years of coding experience with C# or Java
- Experience with Jira, Rally, VS, ALM, Perforce, VMware, MS SQLServer, Oracle, MySQL
- Demonstrated ability to write / read Java code
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
Bonus Points! Otherwise Known As Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of OOD, software design patterns and principles
- Experience in testing Enterprise Software Products
- Knowledge of JUnit and Test Driven Development practices
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience working in a validated environment.
If This Sounds Like You, Apply Now!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here !
At Yoh, we focus on helping you easily navigate your career options. The truth is, we take the time to get to know you and your professional aspirations. Want access to those great opportunities that will augment your career path? We’ve got that too! Yoh covers the diverse talent and workforce management needs in Aviation & Defense, Engineering, Federal Services, Health Care, IT, Life Sciences, Media & Entertainment and Telecom industries. You can be confident that we have the right job match for you. You need a career. Yoh has it!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V .
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs