|Date Posted:||Friday, July 20th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
|Required Skills:||Analysis, CISSP, Configuration Management, Defense Systems, Development, Embedded, Encryption, HTTP, Management, Modeling, Network Engineer, Networks, Protocol, Protocols, Routers, Security, Simulation, Sun, Switches, TCP/IP, Testing|
Northrop Grumman Information Systems (NGIS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Air & Missile Defense Systems (A&MDS) serves as Northrop Grumman Information Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination. This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman. Years of experience will be determined based on position; anticipate requirements of 1 -10 years. Candidate will be a S8.2 Network Juniper Subject Matter Expert (SME) responsible for integrating, testing, sustaining, and operating C2BMC networks. Candidate will be required to travel to remote locations to perform network installations in accordance with Program configuration management processes, independently perform troubleshooting, and provide status updates to Program personnel. Candidate will be embedded with the network design team in Virginia supporting lab-based development and integration testing. The Network Engineer position will be located at Huntsville, AL or Colorado Springs, CO.
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related major (EE, CIS, CPE, MIS, IT) or significant relevant experience in lieu of a degree
* Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA).
* Candidate must possess hands-on experience and knowledge of Juniper network design and testing methodologies using Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls.
* Must have a solid understanding of JUNOS, TCP/IP behavior, network communications and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and proven network traffic analysis and troubleshooting experience.
* Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP) certification
* Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert (JNCIE)* Candidates with prior C2BMC network experience are highly desired.
* Desire candidates with knowledge, skill sets or experience in protocol analyzers and sniffers capabilities (Wireshark, ACELive), DoD authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (Taclane, TACACS+, RADIUS, GEMX), and Network Management Systems (HPOV, NeuralStar, Solarwinds NPM/NCM) or NAS/SAN technologies (NetApp, Sun).
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, both in the products we deliver and in the way we conduct ourselves throughout the entire customer experience. Because, after all, we are in the business of securing a great deal more than just our place in the market. Our mission is to be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superior capability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies. The security solutions we provide help secure freedoms for our nation as well as those of our allies. Squarely meeting our obligations, fiscally and technologically, isn't just a business goal, but a moral imperative. To that end, as we evolve as a company, the responsibility we feel for our country and the citizens and troops we help support grows with us.