|Date Posted:||Monday, July 23rd, 2018|
|Job Location:||New York, NY|
|Pay Rate:||120,000 - 150,000 yearly|
Our client is seeking a Lead Full Stack Engineer to join their team in New York, NY. Since launching in January 2011, this firm has experienced exciting growth because of their loyal, global customer base. Our client recently closed their $10M Series B funding and is committed to building a data-driven eCommerce business.
About the Job:
As an engineering lead, you will be leading an Agile team of dedicated software engineers working on our eCommerce platform. You will be working closely with the product team to identify business factors that matter most and effectively organize your team's work around them. This role is hands-on. Ideal candidate must have strong engineering background and expected to lead their team by example.
In the last 6 months our client processed over 1 billion requests that represented over 35 terabytes of data. You will get to work on projects that are both highly visible and critical to the core business.
Our client's technology stack consists of Nginx, PHP, Magento EE, MySQL, Redis and ElasticSearch. A hybrid mix of dedicated and cloud servers power the infrastructure.
Our client strongly believes in open source, coding standards, best practices and peer code reviews.
Our client wants to make sure that you are successful and they:
* Provide a competitive compensation and benefits package
* Focus on investing in our employees via professional development courses and conferences
* Believe in providing you with a top-of-the-line computer setup of your choice
* Offer 10% time to work on projects outside of your daily responsibilities
* Provide lots of perks so you enjoy coming to work. Fully stocked kitchen, Bagel-Mondays and regular Happy Hours are on our client
* Support a proper work/life balance since they know you will work hard
* Have relevant work experience. Our client looks at personal accomplishments, not years
* Are familiar with the Magento EE platform and have a background in eCommerce
* Worked with PHP and believe that, in the right hands, the language can really shine
* Have a strong understanding of OOP fundamentals. Interfaces, adapters, extensibility, etc
* Have object-relational database experience. You are not afraid of complex data structures
* Possess familiarity with NoSQL data stores like Redis or Memcache
* Work with your team to come up with estimates and milestones
* Identify technical roadblocks and help your team get around them
* Anticipate and address areas of concern before they become a problem
* Posses a collaborative attitude and the desire to participate in thoughtful, open debate
* Have a technical understanding of Agile development environment and practices
* Know your way around with git and standard engineering workflows. Live and die by pull requests
* Are open to learning new languages, concepts and systems
* Are genuinely curious about technology
* Start-up experience
* Managed fast paced JIRA projects
* You can point to products on the web that you built
* Contributed to / started open source projects
* Exposure to continuous integration (CI)