|Date Posted:||Monday, August 13th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Vancouver, BC|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||Database, Developer, Development, HTTP, Microsoft Access, Oracle, Programming, Recruiter, Telecom, Testing, VBA, Visual Basic|
VBA (Visual Basic for Access) Developer needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in Vancouver, BC.
The Big Picture - Top Skills You Should Possess:
- MS Access 2010 and Visual Basic for Access
- Good coding/development standards
- Performance tuning skills
What You'll Be Doing:
- Continue building an application started previously as a proof of concept
- This application is a tool to browse legacy data that must be stored into a Microsoft Access database, using VBA coding.
- Build the Access Frontend forms/fields, the underlying Access data structure, developing the code to render the database details via this front-end,
- Import the legacy data - coming from an Oracle source - into this database and testing the resulting application.
- Browse some related document files - "attachments" - stored in a network repository via this same Microsoft Access frontend.
- This application will not require any functionality to update or delete the data: it only needs to search and render historic data in a static way.
- This is initial import is a minor part of the job, which is mostly focused on the VBA coding
What You Need to Bring to the Table:
- Knowledge in MS Access 2010 and Visual Basic for Access as the programming language
- As the Access DB may be a significant size (1 - 1.5 GB in size), knowledge on how to performance tune a MS Access DB would be very beneficial, but is not an absolute requirement
- Good coding/development standards and ability and good communications is required
Get Hired, Apply Now!
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.