|Date Posted:||Thursday, August 23rd, 2018|
|Job Location:||Sacramento, CA|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||See job description|
Kforces' client is seeking a Voice Lead IT Project Manager in Sacramento, California (CA).
The home base for this position is in Roseville/Sacramento California, but from time-to-time meetings may be located throughout the Northern California Area (e.g., Bay Area). Travel to the local facilities is required to ensure consistent and synchronized project deployment with local resources, this will also allow for close collaboration with Local and Regional leadership for current and future infrastructure deployment planning.
The Voice Lead Project Manager is responsible for the successful delivery of one or more Cisco VoIP projects for the Infrastructure Program in the Northern California Region through disciplined IT project management processes and close collaboration with business partners, team members and various IT functions.
* Provide project leadership to motivate project team members, set achievable objectives, maintain a positive outlook, take responsibility, make decisions and provide constructive feedback
* Build, track and monitor project plan(s) using either MS Project or RPM Workbench to ensure that the project is on schedule and budget and that it remains so
*Ensure project data is accurate and available for review by management and ensure that management is proactively informed of potential problems and risks so that it can be mitigated or resolved before it becomes insurmountable
* Utilize a proactive change control process
* Use negotiation skills to achieve successful project outcomes around issues, scope, schedule, costs/budget and resources
* Manage the project funding/budget process
* Matrix manage project managers and teams from other IT groups who supply resources and services to the project
* Requires a project manager who can work with minimal oversight to identify needed resources, define roles and responsibilities, and arrange for the assignment of key project participants
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
* 8 + years of project management experience that includes a broad understanding of infrastructure (Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, PBX/VoIP) and capital construction projects
* 5 + years progressive experience as a project manager implementing Cisco's VoIP platform, which includes CUCM, CER, UCCE and CUC, for medium to large and moderately complex to complex projects
* Must possess a strong customer focus and excellent verbal and written communication skills
* A broad understanding of IT infrastructure and technology
* Proven expertise in project planning methodology and in leading a matrixed team through a capital construction project lifecycle is a must
* Client relationship building skills are essential, as is the ability to manage complex, medium to large-scale project schedules with multiple inter-dependencies