|Date Posted:||Tuesday, August 28th, 2018|
|Job Location:||St. Louis, MO|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||Bash, BIND, Brocade, Cisco, Configuration Management, Development, DNS, Hardware, HTTP, LAN, Linux, Management, Network Engineer, Networks, OpenView, Perl, PHP, Protocols, Python, Recruiter, Solaris, Switches, TCP/IP, Telecom, Unix, VMware, WAN|
DNS Network Engineer needed for a contract opportunity with Yoh's client located in St. Louis, MO.
Top Skills You Should Possess:
- DNS Design, Operations and Support (BIND,Nominum/Vantio/CS7)
- UNIX-based (*nix, Solaris, Linux) computer networks
- Nagios, Solarwinds, HP OpenView
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS, BGP, DNS and DHCP)
- Radius / IPSec / IPv6 / DNSSEC
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for leading design, development, implementation, and support of enterprise-wide subscriber facing Domain Name System (DNS) and along with their associated operating systems and databases.
- Responsible for Application Administration of DNS and related applications.
- Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
- Assigned complex and critical projects that involve several technical systems and constituents.
- Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
- Tests and reviews system designs.
- Provides Engineering Technical support and guidance to regional personnel and ensure all technical integration, changes, standards and documentation are met.
What You Bring to the Table
- Expert knowledge of DNS Design, Operations and Support (BIND,Nominum/Vantio/CS7, etc)
- Expert knowledge and experience with Radius / IPSec / IPv6 / DNSSEC
- Advanced knowledge in migrating/merging DNS systems together across acquiring companies
- Ability to collaborate with the design teams and advise team leaders
- Ability to maintain and administer UNIX-based (*nix, Solaris, Linux) computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Advanced experience with performance tuning, package installation, patch management updates, network and server management issues
- Advanced experience with System monitoring applications (Nagios, Solarwinds, HP OpenView, etc).
- In-depth knowledge of scripting languages to include perl, bash, php, and python
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN topology, network protocols (TCP/IP, FTP, NFS, BGP, DNS and DHCP), switches and firewalls
- Expert knowledge of troubleshooting tools (i.e tcpdump, netstat, iostat, traceroute, snoop)
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems (CFEngine, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with Load Balancer productions (Foundry, Brocade, A10, F5, etc) Protocols
- Experience with NTP Design, Operations and Support
- Advanced ability to conduct design sessions to specify solution designs for feasibility, cost, and functionality
- Advanced ability to create detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications
- Advanced ability to follow and implement established change and control policies and procedures
- Advanced ability to troubleshoot application problems
- Strong ability to transform an operational need into a description of system parameters and incorporate those parameters in the control of the total system development to achieve an optimum, cost-effective balance of all system elements
- Advanced knowledge of network and systems engineering systems concepts and system/super-system skills, including NetApp, Cisco UCS, and VMware
About Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company:
Are you a .NET mastermind, world class DBA, Java guru or SAP pro? Perfect, because Yoh wants to match your career aspirations with the job demands of today.
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. Contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.