|Date Posted:||Wednesday, August 29th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Redondo Beach, CA|
|Required Skills:||Architecture, CISSP, Cisco, Development, HTTP, Linux, Networking, Network Engineer, Project, Routers, Security, Switches, Technical Writing, Testing|
Network Engineer 4 will support system network engineering matters for a large computer facility and will provide network architecture support, technical consultation and guidance in the network design, development, and deployment of secure network infrastructure. The engineer will be responsible for understanding functional network requirements to provide technical implementation solutions to various engineering requirements; identify system design and operational vulnerabilities, and work with system administrators to securely configure network systems. Candidate should have strong experience with Cisco configuration, build-up, configuration and testing Cisco switches and routers, deep understanding of network layer (network trouble-shooting, identify system configuration problems); strong network architecture background. Candidate must demonstrate leadership and project execution skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to work in a team-oriented environment and independently; technical presentation skills; demonstrated ability to complete tasks with minimal direction and oversight.
* BS in Math/Computer Science/Engineering preferred
* Current active SSBI clearance
* Security+ or CISSP certification
* 8+ years of Network Engineering experience
* Excellent communication and technical writing skills
* Knowledge of networking and computer security processes
* Experience working with Computer Security/ISSO personnel
* Experience with real-time operational environments
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
* Ability to mentor and train staff members
* Information Assurance or Linux System Administration experience
* Current active SCI clearance
* Experience with virtualization technologies to include virtual software, machines and appliances Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-California-Redondo Beach
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems
About NORTHROP GRUMMAN:
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, both in the products we deliver and in the way we conduct ourselves throughout the entire customer experience. Because, after all, we are in the business of securing a great deal more than just our place in the market. Our mission is to be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superior capability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies. The security solutions we provide help secure freedoms for our nation as well as those of our allies. Squarely meeting our obligations, fiscally and technologically, isn't just a business goal, but a moral imperative. To that end, as we evolve as a company, the responsibility we feel for our country and the citizens and troops we help support grows with us.