|Date Posted:||Thursday, August 30th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Toronto, ON|
|Required Skills:||Agile methodology, UX, UI, IA, management, design|
Kijiji is a household brand in Canada, a top 10 Internet destination and at the heart of the second hand economy. Since its inception ten years ago, Kijiji has gained incredible traction in Canada and has completely changed the way that people connect with each other for the things they need and want. Our journey so far has been extraordinary, and the potential we see for Kijiji is unique. We are looking to push our customer experience even further, by empowering the lives of all Canadians in ways they never thought possible. To achieve this transformation we are looking for a visionary User Experience Leader to join our fun, unique and engaging culture.
We need someone who has a clear vision of the future and can create simplicity from underlying complex tasks. You need to be able to inspire teams to go beyond what is possible and pursue forward thinking design to create products that enrich people’s lives.
As the UX & Design leader, you will apply your passion for all things design to guide research & design processes, mentor people in your team and collaborate with leaders in product, engineering, sales and customers service to create best in class experiences across all of Kijiji’s products.
In this role you will be expected to grow a strong and highly skilled team of designers and researchers. You will be able to inspire your team to drive towards innovative solutions based on a hands on customer discovery approach. As the leader of the user experience team you will articulate a user experience vision that works across all of Kijiji’s products. You will be able to coach and mentor individual contributors, designers and researchers.
• Shape Kijiji’s product vision that will empower the lives of millions of Canadians
• Define and drive the UX vision and own the evolution of user experience, architecture, and interaction
• Oversee all phases of the design process across all product teams: research, conceptual design, prototypes, visual design and usability testing.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver a world-class customer experience
• Attract, mentor and retain awesome designers and researchers
• Articulate design rationale as a means to balance business goals and user needs
• Influential communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your design concepts
• Strong analytical skills with a focus on customer centred design
• Excellent management and leadership skills, including great success stories of mentoring and coaching less experiences team members
• Proven track record of shipping outstanding customer experiences
• Comfortable working in an agile environment and an advocate of lean UX principles
• Ability to influence senior leaders and facilitate meetings at all levels within our organisation
• Experience of designing for multiple contexts including, mobile, desktop and tablet
• Entrepreneurial mind set and experience of starting up new ventures
• Outstanding experiences and achievements that set you apart from the crowd
• A degree of humility and a sense of fun
• Bachelor's degree preferred in any of the following: Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture, New Media Design, Product and Interface Design or related field
• 8+ years experience of creating leading customer experiences
• A strong portfolio demonstrating previous projects and design process