|Date Posted:||Monday, September 10th, 2018|
|Job Location:||New York, NY|
|Pay Rate:||120,000 - 150,000 yearly|
|Required Skills:||Senior Backend Engineer-Python-Well Funded Startup|
Our client is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join their team in New York, NY. Since launching in January 2011, this firm has experienced exciting growth because of their loyal, global customer base. Our client recently closed their $10M Series B funding and is committed to building a data-driven eCommerce business.
About the Job:
As a Senior Back-End Engineer, you will play a key role in the development of our new eCommerce platform. We are looking for extremely bright and motivated engineers that love writing beautiful, functional and easily maintainable code.
In the last 6 months we processed over 1 billion requests that represented over 35 terabytes of data. You will get to work on hard problems revolving around scalability, concurrency, availability and low latency.
Our client's core technology stack consists of Nginx, Gunicorn, Python, Flask/Flask-RESTful, PostgreSQL, Redis and ElasticSearch. Infrastructure is powered by Amazon's AWS and CloudFlare.
Our client strongly believes in open source, coding standards, best practices and peer code reviews.
Our client wants to sure that you are successful and they:
* Provide a competitive compensation and benefits package
* Focus on investing in employees via professional development courses and conferences
* Believe in providing you with a top-of-the-line computer setup of your choice
* Offer 10% time to work on projects outside of your daily responsibilities
* Provide lots of perks so you enjoy coming to work. Fully stocked kitchen, Bagel-Mondays and regular Happy Hours are on our client
* Support a proper work/life balance since we know you will work hard
You will be successful in this role if you:
* Have relevant work experience. Our client values accomplishments; not years or language
* Get genuinely excited about things like caching architecture and RESTful APIs
* Are aware that C10K is no longer a problem. More of an expectation
* Believe in micro-frameworks and fully understand their pros and cons
* Have strong object-relational database experience, especially around scaling applications. Tuning, replication, sharding, etc
* Possess familiarity with NoSQL data stores like Redis, Memcache and ElasticSearch
* Have a collaborative attitude and the desire to participate in thoughtful, open debate
* Like an environment where you take ownership of and responsibility for your work
* Have a technical understanding of Agile development environment and practices
* Know your way around with git and standard engineering workflows
* Are genuinely curious about technology
* Previous experience with start-ups / eCommerce
* Familiar with Amazon AWS. Specifically EC2 and SES
* Worked with different vagrant environments and provisioning systems
* You can point to products on the web that you built and shipped
* Contributed to / started open source projects
* Exposure to continuous integration (CI)