|Date Posted:||Tuesday, September 11th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Vancouver, BC|
|Required Skills:||Senior .Net Developer|
As a Senior Software Developer located in Vancouver, you will design, implement and deliver software components for some of the world’s largest retailers (Costco, Walmart, Walgreens CVS Pharmacy, Tesco …). You will tackle the technical challenges in an agile environment with massive data storage (5 PB) that serve copious volumes of customers (20 million) and data (2 TB daily) online.
It would be expected of you to actively propose new solutions to “old” problems, seek out the bad code and fix it, champion the change to new technology and new processes and above all have the real passion for coding. You will also be responsible for helping to lead your team and coaching and mentoring junior developers and developers within your team.
Your Key Accountabilities:
• Ship high-quality working software to customers.
• Work collaboratively in a small team with the Developers, QA, PM, BA and Enterprise
Architects to understand business initiatives and deliver solution in small increments.
• Mentor developers and assist them in resolving issues.
• Passionately drive problem determination and resolution.
• Help PM’s in managing change.
• Contributes to our technical evolution by sharing of business and technology
• Motivate development team.
Required Experience & Skills:
• Bachelor of Science or 2 year post-secondary degree plus experience
• 8+ years experience in the industry.
• 7+ years experience in application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio.
• 5+ years experience in relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL
• 5+ years experience with software version management systems and task/bug tracking
software (e.g. JIRA).
• Extensive experience with technologies such as WCF, REST, MVC, ORM, IOC,
• Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
• Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming
• Previous EA experience is an asset.
• Previous experience leading and or managing a team
• You know what DDD means.
• You understand Bridge, Factory, Façade and Decorator, but you are not interior
• You know why RabbitMQ is better than MSMQ.
• You tried .NET Nuke.
• You understand why Angular and not Knockout.
• You understand why we depend on NDepend.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Position type: Permanent
If you or anyone you know may be a good fit for the role please forward an updated resume to Apply Now
Please note: While all interest is appreciated, only those who are qualified will be contacted (legal permission to work in Canada inclusive).