|Date Posted:||Thursday, September 13th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Oakland, CA|
|Job Duration:||1 - 3 months|
|Required Skills:||Temp Helpdesk Systems Administrator, System Administrator, Help Desk|
Modis is seeking a Help desk Systems Administrator for our client in Oakland, CA. This is a contract position.
Help desk Systems Administrator
• Staff the end-user support Help Desk in person, by email and phone, and monitor the incoming trouble ticket queue.
• Perform preliminary diagnosis and resolve problems, or escalate problems to other Information Technology staff as needed.
• Prioritize end-user requests, adhering to established Service Level Agreement guidelines. Follow-up with end-users to ensure timely problem resolution.
• Provide advanced support for Microsoft Office applications, specialized Publishing Systems applications, desktop publishing applications, and other business software.
• Provide support for end-user devices such as tablet computers and smart phones.
Desktop and Laptop Support
• Provide advanced PC hardware and Microsoft Windows operating system support.
• Provide advanced Apple Macintosh hardware and operating system support.
• Install and configure end-user computer systems and devices.
• Create, test and install standard desktop software images using Microsoft SCCM, Symantec Ghost or similar software, including the coordination of end-user testing.
• Manage the deployment of new or repurposed desktop computers.
• Perform desktop computer hardware and software upgrades. Apply software updates to desktop and laptop computers according to ongoing maintenance schedule or in response to security vulnerability, using Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft WSUS or similar software.
System and Network Administration
• Perform Active Directory account and Exchange mailbox creation and management.
• Monitor data backups and perform data restores. Coordinate backup tape off site rotation.
• Configure and maintain networked laser printers.
• Assist in the configuration and administration of servers and network equipment.
• Perform server hardware and software upgrades.
• Apply software updates to server computers according to ongoing maintenance schedule or in response to security vulnerability.
• During normal contact with end-users, assess user’s abilities and provide appropriate desk-side training.
• Plan for and carry out group training sessions as needed. Training topics will include the use of business applications in support of company objectives.
• Create supplemental education and support methods (e.g., produce newsletters, conduct user surveys, promote educational opportunities outside the company, arrange informal Q&A sessions or end-user support meetings, identify online training and reference tools).
• Design and maintain the Help Desk intranet website.
• Maintain the Help Desk online Frequently Asked Questions document. Work with end-users and other IT staff to determine appropriate FAQ content.
• Assist end-users with creation of departmental intranet web sites.
• Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with a minimum of 3 years of Windows desktop end-user support experience.
• Expertise with Microsoft operating system software, including Windows 7.
• Expertise with Microsoft application software, including Office 2010.
• Experience deploying and maintaining computer hardware, such as PC and Macintosh desktop and laptop systems, tablet computers and/or smart phones, and networked laser printers.
• Experience documenting hardware and software configuration changes, and adhering to established change management procedures.
• Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, prioritization and workflow skills, and communication skills; must be detail oriented.
• Ability to train end-users in an individual or group setting.
• Ability to work in confined spaces such as network closets and equipment racks; Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Expertise with Apple Macintosh operating system software, including OS X 10.9
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010 applications.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft platform, including Windows desktop operating system software (Windows 7, 8), server operating system software (Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012), Active Directory, Group Policy, System Center Configuration Manager, networking concepts, including WINS, DNS and DHCP, Access database, Adobe Creative Suite, and other business software.
• Experience supporting Microsoft server software such as SQL Server, Internet Information Server, Exchange Server and SharePoint.
• Experience using data backup software such as Symantec Backup Exec, and system imaging software such as Microsoft SCCM and Symantec Ghost.
• Experience designing and/or maintaining web sites using Microsoft SharePoint.
Special Conditions of Employment:
• Share rotational on-call support duties.
• Successful completion of a background check is required for this critical position.
• Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• May require occasional work during non-business hours.