|Date Posted:||Friday, September 14th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Annapolis Junction, MD|
|Required Skills:||Network Engineer 2|
Installs, configures and administers network communications systems to include Cisco routers and switches. Installs, configures and performs administration on Adaptive Security Appliances / firewalls to secure networks. Monitor real-time sys-log messages for potential security threats and attempts to breach networks. Configure and troubleshoot hardware installations. Provide customers with advice and assistance on internetworking configurations and protocols. Construct and install appropriate network cabling when placing new systems into service. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Coordinates engineering upgrades and installations to current and planned infrastructures. Initiate, plan and conduct complex projects that enhance the overall efficiency, security and quality of the network. Document and maintain detailed documentation of infrastructure data network. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to capture customer calls in a Trouble Ticket system.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Networking, Information Systems, or equivalent experience. (Degree can be substituted by years of experience).
* 5 years networks experience. Experience and understanding of networks and network devices and technologies.
* Must have current CCNA Certification, CCNP preferred..
* 2 years experience with Cisco IOS.
* Experience with telecommunications infrastructure and installation.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
* Must be able to work well within a team environment.
* Must be able to adapt quickly to change.
* Position requires a US Citizen with TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Clearance.
* Working knowledge of CiscoWorks LAN monitoring software.
* Working knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Voicemail systems.
* Knowledge of VOIP protocols and a firm understanding of QoS.
* Knowledge of Cisco ASA configurations, operations and administration. ISCYBERMD NGISCYBERMD
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems